Home Videos Games Podcastle

What Remains of Edith Finch

Hello video game people!
I’ve just seen that What Remains of Edith Finch is going to be free for us console-using-betas with PS4s in the month of May :slight_smile: - if you haven’t had an opportunity to play this game PLEASE take this one, because it is just such an exceptional and powerful game. In honor of its beautiful release, I thought I would share a review that I wrote for it back when it came out in 2017. It is a little spoilery, but what the heck :slight_smile:

For those who have played it, thoughts and feelings? Any fans of The Unfinished Swan out there?

EDIT: Disclosure: I DO NOT work for Sony, or the studio that made the game at all. I just really love it and want more people to play it. haha

This is good news! I was born this month, it’s kind of like a birthday present I wasn’t expecting!

EDIT:

YES!

Yessssss!
Both of these games are just so good. Beautiful and emotional and really well executed.

I completed What Remains in one sitting. Was free on PSN so thought why not give it a go?

A couple of hours later it was gone midnight but I felt compelled to finish it. I couldn’t go to bed until I knew what remained of Edith Finch.

It’s both depressing and wonderful which is quite bizarre.

I will say though that I have a new desire to better record my family’s life. Not just talking about photos and video here, but written accounts of conversations or questions my daughter may have asked me etc. Quirks and personality that develop over time that are not found in a photo or a video of bike riding or blowing out candles.

I want to remember real life.