Home Videos Games Podcastle

What are you singing along to?

Since you’ve mention it: yesterday I’ve met 9 yo artist, Earth Ranger Olivia, who sold me this beautiful piece for only $2. She donates all proceedings to saving Blue Spotted Salamander.

Not singing along to, more listening to and marvelling at John Willams ability to make me sympathise.

You are such a huge nerd :heart: :heart: :heart:
I thought I was the only one who did that.

Last.fm recommendations for bands similar to Mammoth Weed Wizard Bastard led me to Year of the Cobra, who manage a similar sound with just a drummer and a bassist/vocalist.

Was following some artists I like on YouTube when I stumbled upon this. And fell in love with this song and Mine. Must have been an absolutely wonderful concert experience.
It’s quite kitschy and in German, so l don’t think my excitement is contagious, but here goes:

Look, no one, no one else is singing along to this, but I cannot stop singing along with the all-band chorus on deafheaven’s Canary Yellow, about ten-and-a-half minutes into the song. Tomorrow morning I’ll go for a run, with “On and on we choke on (my lover’s blood)” in my head, on repeat for miles. For miles.

That, and the last few minutes of Glint make we want to dance like I’m 20 years younger. I don’t know where this album came from, but it’s clearly cherry-picked every weird thing I love and tossed it all into a blender.

My 5-year-old daughter has also been insisting I sing along with her to the Mountain Goats’ Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton, which is awesome, but one of these days I’m gonna have to explain the “Hail Satan” part of the song. And that will easily be the most complicated thing this kid’s ever encountered. (Wish me luck?)

Phoebe Bridgers’ might be my favourite album of last year. Been listening to a lot recently, so great! Saw her support Conor Oberst last year, but seeing her at her own show in a few weeks. Excited!!

I am so sorry for posting this here, but this has been an earworm off-and-on for a long time.

I am a fan of Steve Burns (you know, Steve from Blue’s Clues). When he retired from Blue’s Clues to pursue a career in indie/prog/noise/wonky rock, or whatever you want to call it, he and Steven Drozd and Dave Fridmann (Mercury Rev, Flaming Lips, and others) made an album called Songs For Dustmites. It was actually pretty dammed good.

Cut to many years later, Drozd and Burns made another album, calling themselves STEVENSTEVEN (“Steve n’ Steven” or “Steven Steven”). It’s allegedly a kid’s album, but I just think it’s kid-friendly, most of it is just fun music.

The main exception is this, and I am so sorry for putting this here, I just can’t get this out of my head, and yes, I do find myself singing along to it, even though my kids are way older than this. Just be warned.

Alright for no apparent reason, this is stuck in my head at the moment.

I’m assuming it’s marked “Mature” as there is a bloke in a dress.

And yes, that is James Brown later in the video.

To quote “From 2000-2001, Shingo Mama promoted the use of Oha as part of a Ministry of Education campaign to encourage family communication.”

SMAP! (or, rather a SMAP member who dressed in drag for a sitcom). Wow, that’s early 2000s stuff, I think. I wish there was a better quality of video out there, but I haven’t been able to find it. I’m pretty sure you can get the music for this pretty easily.

“Mature,” what the heck? This was a Japanese kid’s show, where a lot of the silly humor was that this was obviously a young man dressed in a conservative mom-type drag. (EDIT: I had to look this up to be sure: it was Shingo Katori, a member of boy-band SMAP, dressed up as “Shingo Mama,” for a kid’s entertainment show.)

It is a very catchy song.

Found this video game trap music genre a while ago and my kids ask for it a lot and dance around the living room.

I’m loving this! So much so that I had to buy the song instead of just watching it on Youtube over and over!

This is the exact song that’s been stuck in my brain since Friday.

I never thought I’d like synthy stuff, but I dig the shit outta these guys.

End of summer indie song called Cities and skyes. Circa 2002.

Great lyrics (I won’t give you anything, and you won’t give me anything, we live on completely different trees. The key I have doesn’t open your doors, I don’t really think there’s a key that opens mine)

But the music - it’s just like you’re riding bike up the hill, and then you ride the hill down, and you don’t have to pedal anymore, and you go faster and faster, so you can’t even stop, but it’s ok, because you don’t want to stop, and there is no-one on the road, and the wind blows in your face, making it hard to breathe, but it’s fine, because you’re happy, and the hill is behind you already but you still go fast, and the bike is losing it’s speed slowly, and it finally stops and you have a grin on your face and your hair is all messed up. That’s how I feel when I’m listening to this song.

:wave: Hi, long time follower of this thread, a first-time poster. My tastes usually fall in line with really old music that most people find boring (nothing more awesome than a harpsichord solo!)… So I am going to talk about the “fresher” music which has been stuck in my head… I tend not to listen to lyrics, which I have been told is weird and even weirder since the topic is “what I am singing along to”… So think of this as “what I am rocking out to”… This one has been restuck in my head (after recently being reacquainted with my brain) as of late and now I would like to pass on the earworm… Some may have heard it recently… Thank you, and good night…

Thank You, My Twilight by The Pillows

The songs I’ve played the most this summer:

The Essex Green - Don’t you leave it in our hands:

Asger Techau - Stick in the mud:

King Tuff - Psycho star:

Jon Hopkins - Emerald rush:

Bill Withers… just amazing

A total legend. Even the songs you dont know, like Grandmas Hands are songs that pop up everywhere.

Also, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3V726_HShyY

So, Welcome to has got me really confused. Bis isn’t the subdivision of housing plots.

This is Bis.