Home Videos Games Podcastle

What are you singing along to?

I’ve been in a 90s Australiana youtube vortex tonight that ended in a LOT of Crowded House.

No apology necessary. I am singing the song in my head right now and I haven’t even clicked on the video!

I’ve been listening to a whole lot of Jpop / Jrock recently. Here are a few highlights:

Currently I’ve just discovered (having missed the boat) Public Service Broadcasting, and I am totally loving their Race for Space album. It uses a lot of audio archive from the American/Russia space race and soundtrack it. It ticks every box for me.

Gagarin - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY-kAnvOY80
Go! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHIo6qwJarI

I reckon “Spitfire” is still their best, though:

I saw Arcade Fire in Scunthorpe last night. In over 15 years of gigging, that show was in my top 3 for sure. Breath taking!

Listening to the new Lorde album, Melodrama.
If only all mainstream pop was that intelligent and well-crafted, the world would surely be a better place.

I love calm and moving stuff…

Frida Hyvönen - London

Wilderness of Manitoba - November

(Have to think of Louis Riel now :smile:)

Ah…let’s add some more…I’m in the mood for it! (and I should mention I am not a lyrics guy, only listen to melodies)

Simon & Garfunkel - Sound of Silence

Everything but the Girl - Missing

4 Non Blondes - What’s Up

Fiction Factory - Feels Like Heaven

(to this last song I listened once while reading a certain scene in a book which was the perfect fit for it and everytime I hear the song I have think of this book and how much I love it. Isn’t that great? :slight_smile:)

I was listening to random Spotify playlists to help me through the monotony of spreadsheets, when The Killers came on, and I forget how much they’re solid guitar-based pop.

presume you saw one of the many inter-citing articles pointing out that mr brightside has been in the uk top 100 every year since 2004?

Oh god, you brought this back to mind:

:laughing:

How good is that!

Reminds me of
Sound of Cylons

Right now, this young lad conquered my heart and ears for that matter:

I’m Los Angeles born and raised but I have family in both Texas and Appalachia. This kind of music will always hold a special place in my heart. It’s always a hard sell to my friends when they travel in my car, but this kind of music is a lance to my heart.

I like it!

Because it is so good and sad…

I am absolutely loving Jesca Hoop’s album Memories are Now - very well written, sparsely produced, at times haunting.

Jesca Hoop: The Lost Sky

Jesca Hoop: Memories are Now

I am very much in a club music vein at the moment, with a bit of electro-pop thrown in.

I just disovered Chvrches (late to the party, I realise). I could listen to Lauren forever at the moment.

and I always love the faces on The Creep

whilst my main love is this woman, her voice sends me to heaven

and so do these guys, this was one of their first demos

also ended up being linked by YouTube to these ladies, who I had totally forgotten

and a pretty little ditty about consumerism by Marilyn Manson.