Home Videos Games Podcastle

What are you singing along to?

There have been a couple of music related threads, but I was surprised to see one missing in the “What are you ______ing?” format.

Leaving that blank just sent my mind on a rabbit trail of juvenile thread possibilities…

Aaaand I’m back.

I love music, you love music, everyone loves music! What are the current songs, albums, rock operas that you can’t stop listening to, dancing to, or plotting your revenge to?

No criteria, except that you have to love the music!

My first contribution is Camilo from Said the Whale. I can’t stop listening to this song! It’s burrowed into my head and I’m content to let it live out its life there, laying eggs that will hatch and produce more musical monsters! Today I watched the music video for the first time. I thought it would be more about magicians and less about burning things down, but it’s still cute. Enjoy!

Not quite as non-stop as when I first discovered them, but I’m still listening to Light & Shade pretty heavily.

Apparently about 20% of their scrobbles on Last.fm are just from me …

That is legit one of my fave STW songs ever :smiley: :smiley:

(because i’m both so-very-nineties and a-total-sucker-for-a-girl-with-a-guitar)

the lead track from the forthcoming juliana hatfield record
and
the lead track from the forthcoming aimee mann record

Every song on this record is great sing-along fodder. Yeah, Yeah, I’m a guy singing along to a woman singing, but what the hell, I’m in my car and no one can hear me, right? They just see my shaking my head and playing air-bass on my steering wheel!

Oh, heck yeah! That is a great music video!

OK, warning up front: If you watch this all the way through you may A) Fall into a YouTube glam-rock spiderhole for hours and hours and B) Be shocked and saddened by the drummer’s expression in the last shot–“How the hell did I get talked into this bullsh*t band? I’m a formally-trained jazz drummer!”

I love love love this one from back in the late 90’s Brisbane indie rock scene :heart:

Pfft, if that weren’t allowed, I’d be in trouble. I’ve had the new albums by Battle Beast and Deap Vally on heavy rotation too. Along with the previous albums by Royal Thunder while I await their new one.

Australian convenience stores do crazy business!

I’m just glad Frozen is finally dethroned.

You can probably guess the mood I’m in at the moment.

I’ll try to hum along to something more positive tonight…

my son’s been playing this and you’re welcome on a loop for about a month, so it keeps creeping up on me too

Everything of Tally Hall has a reoccurring high-probability chance of getting stuck in my head.
At this moment, it’s Banana Man.

OK GO is “music videos” for my kids. They’re unaware that other people can make them. They’re all so amazing I haven’t let them know other bands make them. It’ll only end in disappointment.

Pretty sure Los Campesinos’ new album will be my album of the year. A beautifully British response to brexit.

Yay! There seems to be resurgence of great indie bands from the early/mid 2000s at the moment. What a great way to start spring!

Totally! I feel Los Camp had lost their way the last few years, with their albums slowly losing their character. It’s so great to see them come out with such a strongly defined album that sounds new but keeps their trademark sound. Haven’t seen them since they were that small unsigned band from Cardiff uni, so very excited to see them again next month!

A lot like Arctic Monkey’s cycle with AM now that I think about it… They’re all so grown up now!

Who else is making a resurgence? I’m still waiting for the Sky Larkin comeback

Right now I am listening to some of this stuff!

I really like the National since I heard their version of GoT’s Rains of Castamere.

Or that:

And something very different:

:slight_smile:

Speaking of which:

Cause there’s this tune I found that makes me think of you somehow and I play it on repeat…

There are new and supposedly good albums by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, the Shins, Grandaddy, Why? and I still haven’t hear Conor Oberst’s “Ruminations” from last year.
And groups like Elbow and Maximo Park, that have been there all the time, are also about to/have released new stuff.