Home Videos Games Podcastle

Watcha Wearin'? (Stuff about Watches...plus the Occasional Diversion.)

Tudor today.

That’s ball game, and the Series wraps in five (my pre-Series prediction was correct, for once). The Sox win, and I’m crying because all I can think of is my late father. They won another one Dad. :slight_smile:

Airman SST today:

Mido All Dial chronometer today:

PADI Turtle today:

Speedmaster for a gray, rainy morning:

It’s an impressive collection of watches you’re sporting.
I’m debating with myself whether or not to start uploading a picture a day of my collection - featuring the same watch every time.

That would be fine. :slightly_smiling_face:

Have I asked what the extra set of digits is for? Does one rotate for time zone changes, or something? (I know, I could google this, but where’s the fun in that?)

(I would guess: speedometer (for race-car driving), altimeter (for skydiving and BASE jumping, obviously), depthometer (for skinny-dipping with friends and not getting the bends when resurfacing. Seriously, the man can swim like a dolphin).

That is just my guess, though, from knowing the wild, heroic, and adventurous life @Boydesian leads, although I’m sure he’s be able to set us straight on that if I’m wrong :grin:.)

OK, kidding aside! It actually looks like a minute, second, and hour hand to supplement the actual watch, which can be adjusted to timing functionality. @Boydesian can tell us what is what, if he has a moment from his Indiana Jones-like adventures.

The watch has a GMT function which allows one to keep time in multiple time zones. The innermost indices are a conventional 12 hour watch face (hour hand makes two revolutions per day), the red hand is an independent 24 hour hand that tracks a second time zone on the middle ring of numbers (only one revolution per day), and the outermost ring of numbers can be rotated by the crown at 2 o’clock to track a third time zone (which I am not currently doing). My other GMT watch doesn’t have a rotating bezel and can only track two time zones:

I haven’t worn this in months, so I took it out of the box this morning.

Bit of a crappy day out, so I’ve got my feet up and reading the TALON Play Book.

Whilst wearing the BBB, of course.

I hope nothing too bad happened.

Just cold rain and wind. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Time change always screws me up. Almost midnight and I’m still up, but my Speedy doesn’t give a damn. It has its head down, pluggin’ away.

Working. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I need to get a replacement pin, a new battery and give it a good scrub but I’m hoping to get this back on my wrist soon.

I am back from my business trip to the mountaintop fortress of my client in Virginia. Lots of work, but good food, good company, plus I got to ride around in his restored BREN gun carrier. I am now in my office waiting for my antique laptop to power up, and wearing this:

@Boydesian do you have a Doctor Strange-like drawer full of gently revolving watches?

Because it really seems like you need one if you don’t. (I can help you design it).