Home Videos Games Podcastle

Warhammer PBF

To use the dice roller type {Roll d100} but replace the {} with [ ].
It can roll a number of dice of a given type at once e.g. Roll 5d6 for example
As you can see from posts above, it will post your roll as System Admin so you cannot edit the post, and it also makes it harder to work out who made the roll.
I find the best convention is to put some context into who is rolling, or why, so it is easier to follow. Dice rolls will feature in the game so you might as well practice how the dice roller works.

@Cokho
An 88 put you in the Class of Rogues, and your Career is Witch.

@Griffster77
46 makes you a Human, again a Reiklander.

The 15 would place you in the Burghers Class, with Agitator as your Career.

It is worth noting that the default campaign setting is in Reikland in the Empire. Any humans are therefore Reiklanders; I assume that origins from elsewhere in the Empire or from other Human lands will follow in future supplements.

2d100: 91 + 20 = 111

There you go 91 and 20

(I’ve just seen your answer above. No.need to use these numbers unless you.need more rolls

I think I am fine with that. Just to be clear: a witch is more a rogue than a spellcaster? Like, is it more about knowing useful things and selling them?

I’ve added in the relevant Career pages in the posts above. Don’t worry about everything in there yet, but they should give you a feel for what the Career is all about.

Pregenerated characters and a character sheet have also been aded to the reserved post further up the thread.

A Witch is within the Rogues class becuase the are essentially untrained magicians, and thus wield their magic illegally. You can do magic, but it is dangerous due to both your lack of training and the fact that society as a whole has an intrinsic hatred towards magic users.

1 Like

I confess to being tempted by Else. I wanted to play an Inquisitor in a game of Rogue Trader but never got the chance so a witch hunter (I assume that’s what she is?) sounds fun.

1 Like

Yep, she is a Witch Hunter.
If you are set on that, I will PM you her character sheet.

Yeah go on then. I’ll leave character creation to the others

And maybe I’ll buy the main book to begin with then so I don’t learn the adventure!

Alright, I love it! i’m down with being a witch, especially if we have a witch hunter on the party, will be a good dynamics!

BURN THE HERETIC!!!

2 Likes

(This is already shaping up to be very interesting with those two character classes in the same group.)

Step 3. Attributes

Next we determine the Characteristics for your character. There are ten characteristics that are tested to determine whether you are successful at a given task. For WFRP vets, these should be familiar, but a quick primer in the clicky thing below.

Summary of Characteristics

Weapon Skill (WS) – Your skill at hand-to-hand combat, both unarmed and with weapons.

Ballistic Skill (BS) – Your effectiveness at using ranged weapons and for generally throwing things, be that knives or bottles or stones.

Strength (S) – How much damage you inflict in melee, how much you can lift, how good you are at physical tasks like climbing and swimming.

Toughness (T) – Your physical hardiness, showing your ability to survive damage in combat, harsh environmental conditions, and effects like poison.

Initiative (I) – Speed of thought an dreaction, and your powers of perception and intuition.

Agility (Ag) – Physical co-ordination and natural athleticism, covering running, riding and hiding. Also used to dodge blows in combat.

Dexterity (Dex) – Affinity at performing fine and delicate manual tasks like playing an instrument or picking a lock or a pocket.

Intelligence (Int) – Power of thought, analysis and understanding. Vital for casting spells and understanding magic, but also general knowledge and healing.

Willpower (WP) – General strength of mind and ability to resist influence and coercion, and guard against fear and terror.

Fellowship (Fel) – Your ability to get on with people, your effectiveness at chattting to folk to get them to see your viewpoint or to command them to do something etc.

For each of the characteristics, you need to roll 2d10. For a human, you get to add 20 to each rolled result to get your final value (NB. a score of 30 is considered the average Human score for any characteristic)

If you stick with the random results, you get +50 xp (you’re currently at +70 xp after Steps 1 & 2).

If you are not happy, you can rearrange the ten numbers rolled to assign them to a different characteristic. If you go with this new mix, you’ll net +25 xp.

If you are still not happy, you can either re-roll the dice again, or simply assign 100 points across the characteristics. This choice gives no bonus xp.

Alright ! Let’s get rolling :
WS : [roll 2d20]

BS: [roll 2d20]

S: [roll 2d20]

Try again without the +20 in the brackets

And it is d10s, not d20s!

1 Like

Ok ! My bad, let’s try them three at a time

WS: 2d10: 6 + 3 = 9

BS: 2d10: 2 + 4 = 6

S: 2d10: 10 + 7 = 17

1 Like