So, I was the guy most likely recognizeable by stupidly lugging around a giant BoardGameTables.com game bag all weekend, full of some 60 pounds of games I dragged with me from Cleveland that I knew weren’t in the library (and I hauled these things all the way from Cleveland, so I damn well wasn’t gonna let them sit in my hotel room, no matter how heavy they were)!
I figure, if nothing else, it was a good substitute for going to the gym.
For the curious,the games I was sherpaing around included: WizWar, Cosmic Encounter (with expansions), RuneBound, Merchants & Marauders (with expansion), Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space, Blitz Bowl, Tash Kalar (with expansions), and a few other small fillers. The bag performed well, if anyone is in the market.
Otherwise–I was the pretty standard-looking goateed glasses-wearing ponytailed dude. I had intended to make a t-shirt with my goofy forum avatar on it, so I might be a little more recognizable–but best laid plans, etc. Maybe next year.
My schedule ended up being pretty hectic, so I’m sorry I didn’t get the chance to play more with some folks I met from here–but I did meet a new set of people, which were all great! You may remember me from:
- Eric Zimmerman’s BattleBattle class
- Quantum (with Roger and Kevin!)
- Captain Sonar (with a large crew!)
- Cosmic Encounter (5 folks)
- Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space (Roger, Dave, Stew, and Joel)
- WizWar (Aaron and Ryan, I think?)
- Keyforge (a couple folks)
- Heroes of Terrinoth (another couple, taught by Kris)
- Kemet (sadly cut short)
- Sol: Last Days of a Star, with the aforementioned Ben and Zelbinian
- and last but not least, the D&D crew: Adrian, John, and Anna–my crowning SHUX moment!
An excellent time all around–the only problem was that it had to end! Hopefully, there’ll be a next year…