Home Videos Games Podcastle

The Quiet Year, Discussion Thread

I’ve never done one, it sounds interesting. I feel torn between that and hints I’ve already made about hosting a new game of Codenames.

On a different and unrelated note, in the Northern Hemisphere, a lot of people are experiencing the long Summer break from school, so that may slow down activity all over the forums, from members who are secretly kids, to university students, to parents like me who have kids, and the weekends will be even slower. If someone’s taking a while to respond, have patience (but don’t be afraid to give them a little nudge on their turn if it’s been a while).

Thomas, you were such a rock. A mentor and confidant.

Let us find comfort in the knowledge that, with the help of our protein and water recycling systems, there will always be part of you within us all.

1 Like

How weird, I find I suddenly have a lot more time. :crazy_face: (Says the man who will probably go into work every single week.)

2 Likes

I forgot how odd this can be from a phone! I’ve been doing this from my PC the whole time.

Between Dropbox and my phone I’m even running the pendragon game this way. Technology is insane.

2 Likes

I’ve been following Pendragon, it’s one of the most active PBFs (if not the most active) on the whole forum.

Will is an absolute machine for running. It for, something like two years?

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about changing @SleepyWill’s handle to “Will: The Machine” against his wishes, but I won’t. He’s a super cool guy, one of my best online friends. I don’t know how he does it.

(PS: ALL OF YOU ARE MY BEST ONLINE FRIENDS!)

1 Like

Oh yes please - not for that reason… but because I’ve become a literal cyborg recently, I need to recharge myself and everything, I’ve got a USB port! (I had a spinal cord stimulator implanted)

The secret is in having a job in video editing - painstaking work from which you need regular breaks and I’m sat at the computer most of the day

2 Likes

The future is today.
Joking aside, I hope it was not to painful for you; and that it helps you!

2 Likes

I’ve been laid up for a long time, it wasn’t that major a surgery but it was one of the most difficult things I’ve ever been through - the recovery just seemed endless!

Now though, I’m out of my wheelchair to get around the house, I’m losing weight like you wouldn’t believe from the exercise and I’ve just ordered a bike… an e bike admittedly, but that’s huge for me and my independence and my long abandoned hobby of mountain biking, even if I only get out on it once or twice a year on children’s trails!

5 Likes

@SleepyWill I’ll change it back to Commander of the Brittas Empire if you like, but I’m a DM at heart, and when I’m given any type of leeway and players say things, WHAM! Your Title has changed.

That’s how I invented a spider-rat swarm for my players at home (one player mentioned they didn’t like rats, another, spiders. They’re actually adorable, if you think a rodent with 8 legs and pedipalps and have spinnerets for web production “cute”. Don’t get me started on “Archer Bees” or “Chumba Wumbas”.)

Joking aside, I’m happy for you and your mobility, man. I’d say more, but it’d be more appropriate for a PM or off-topic, and I don’t want to derail this discussion any more. You’re always welcome to the party as a spectator and commentator, you monster!

(EDIT: PS: I’m also sure as a player if this goes another round)

2 Likes

I have my card from @Cokho (it suuucks), just waiting for @RossM to map.

(EDIT: Take your time, Ross, I was dealt a right bastard of a card.)

2 Likes

I’m at a megagame tonight so will be tomorrow

2 Likes

Take your time, man. It’s summer vacation.
Plus, I really don’t want to act on the card I drew, anyway! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’m dragging this out for as long as possible!

1 Like

My card was King of Autumn, and it sucks:

A natural disaster strikes the area, chose one!

1. Get everyone to safety! Remove an Abundance and a project fails.

2. Protect supplies and work at any cost. Several people die.

This was a bear, this was bad. I went with #2. Our population keeps getting reduced.

1 Like

I have to say, I love this little guy @Cokho.

little%20guy
Yeah, he creeps me the hell out and may doom us all. But I also want to catch him in a jar with holes poked in the lid.

All credit to @RossM ; I just copy pasted it from next to the base :smile:

1 Like

Whoops! I meant to say @RossM :grin:

You were the last person to post a map, my “@” got confused (also it was 5am here, not quite thinking straight).

Doesn’t change the fact that this thing is slightly terrifying and somewhat adorable.

2 Likes

Hello fine folks - I just wanted to let you all know. I’m going to be traveling for 10 days or so and will be pretty busy (getting married next weekend :slight_smile: ) - so my responses may not be as prompt as I would like them to be, but please know that I definitely WILL be participating when i can, so don’t give up on me :slight_smile:

3 Likes