Home Videos Games Podcastle

The Quiet Year, Discussion Thread

I would assume plural and singular are both algae.

1 Like

Yeah, like more than one ninja are just “ninja.”

I always default to sheep and sheep.

1 Like

Somehow I default to ninja. I think it’s because I’ll never grow emotionally older than a 12 year old boy inside.

1 Like

As long as we can agree the plural of fish should be fishes everything is fine.

1 Like

The base will come right back out, cleaned and with beer in the fridge

3 Likes

I took my turn, the card got me reading all we have written down so far, it’s good! But we didn’t let a lot unattended, we’re a pretty efficient community; who would’ve thought :sweat_smile: .

2 Likes

Yeah, everyone is pretty on top of everything, so far, despite minor setbacks.

Also, I can’t wait for some literally ice-cold beer in our sparkly refurbished base.

2 Likes

I’m just going to re-post the Contempt rule, since there have been a couple of Contempt tokens taken (both quite fairly, I’m just hoping this is a convenience to everyone to post it here):

Contempt
If ever you feel like you weren’t consulted or honoured in a decision-making process, you can take a piece of Contempt and place it in front of you. This is your outlet for expressing disagreement or tension. If
someone starts a project that you don’t agree with, you don’t get to voice your objections or speak out of turn.

You are instead invited to take a piece of Contempt. Contempt will generally remain in front of players
until the end of the game. It will act as a reminder of past contentions. Its primary role is as a social
signifier. In addition, you can discard it back into the centre of the table in two ways: by acting selfishly and
by diffusing tensions.

If you ever want to act selfishly, to the known detriment of the community, you can discard a
Contempt token to justify your behaviour. You decide whether your behaviour requires justification.
This will often trigger others taking Contempt tokens in response.

If someone else does something that you greatly support, that would mend relationships and
rebuild trust, you can discard a Contempt token to demonstrate how they have diffused past tensions.

2 Likes

I think it’s @RossM’s turn for a card. Are we out of Summer? (I think I may have missed a couple of cards on my checklist).

1 Like

Since @RossM led the Discussion with a question, and Cokho, @lovvbar, and I, have made our statements, I believe it’s RossM’s turn to make a statement, and then @Cokho PMs me a card that will probably suck for all of us.

By the way, Ross, that image you posted killed me! :rofl: “wut up,” indeed! I keep giggling each time I see it.

1 Like

Me too!

1 Like

Look, 70s sci fi art is deadly serious.

2 Likes

This was a pretty fat turn, I’m sorry if I made it weirder than it already was, but I don’t think I had much of a choice. My turn was almost done before it began, it was a bit of a “doom” card.

I think it’s only going to get worse from here (Yayyy!)

As soon as everyone responds, it’s @Cokho’s turn for a card.

1 Like

(Since I had a godawful card, and started with a statement, not a question, to the Discussion, and we have all responded to the Discussion, I think it’s @Cokho’s turn to draw a card, turn down the week timer on the active project,

and pray to whatever gods we can find that the next card won’t totally f-us-in-the-b.

Please tell me if I’m wrong! But I think we’re getting into the season where we finally understand how hard that this game is out to kill us).

Sorry for messing up the card-rule, everyone. There was a bold-face I had to take, and also an action, and I messed up the ordinal base rules.

I don’t think you messed up, that’s how I understand it too; I would have done the same thing as you !

Aaah poor old Tomas, he was too good for this world :disappointed_relieved:.

1 Like

Oh my god @lovvbar; you got the one good card of the deck and managed to do something so very bad and creepy… I cannot find my word. Good one :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:
This game has really been getting me wanting to write fiction again…

2 Likes

We did a microscope game before, would be up for something similar afterwards.

3 Likes

Would love to also! Feel free to lead the way when we finished our quiet year :grin:

1 Like