Home Videos Games Podcastle

The Paladin’s Secret - A Play By Forum game of The Burning Wheel

I’ve got you down as B2 for your shipwise, +1 for Swears like a sailor and +1 for Warrans success

So 4?

Yep, four dice, 2 successes to roll!

@discobot roll4d6

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 2, 1, 3, 1

Literally the only time I’ve ever used it.

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? — Buddha

Tell us what happens, was it your previous failed roll affecting this?

Simon fails his indulgent roll!

Whilst drinking with the sailors and longshoremen, Simon takes one ale too many, and he soon loses track of the time…

Discuss: The Paladin's Secret- PbFG (The Burning Wheel)

Next up, Jarek, you are staking out the recommendations. Jarek tell us how you go about this and what information you are hoping to gain.

Jarek scans the docks and is amazed at the amount of goods changing hands here. With all of the things to look at, he is easily distracted. His footing on the docks is not as sure as Aulexis’s and certainly not as sure as the young orc’s. He falls behind the group slightly. Betchleigh clearly recognizes Aulexis’s natural authority and deals primarily with her. At first Jarek tries to keep up, but as he’s moving through the crowds he over hears a group of young orc guides talking about a ship that is carrying salt. He slows his step and continues to listen.It’s a good thing no one ever thinks, I’m in charge. Lately, Jarek has been feeling his lack of an intimidating posture. It’s not always a disadvantage.

“If they miss the tide tomorrow, they might as well toss their other goods into the sea.”

Jarek tries to blend in as much as possible and not make it obvious that he’s eavesdropping. While trying to not draw attention to himself, Jarek is paying attention for any clues about where this ship is located or who the captain is, or if the orcs information is different than their guide’s/

(Can I use inconspicuous and authoritywise in my roll?)

Perfect! :smiley:

That is definitely an inconspicuous roll, given the bustle of the floating market, it is relatively easy to eavesdrop and not be seen, so this is an Ob2 roll. On a success, you will overhear useful information, and the additional option is why you will grant Aulexis the bonus die, however on a failure, the information is not so useful but in addition, you now have a salt buying competitor in the market, which is why she will face an additional Ob!

You can FoRK in Authority-wise, but unfortunately due to Simon’s failure, the difficulty is increased by 1, to Ob3 - the new buyer is the crew of the boat that Simon was drinking with, they decided to try to buy up the salt currently for sale after drinking with him so they can sell it for a huge markup!

Warran at first keeps an eye on everyone, trying to avoid them from being separated on the busy shifting docks and to keep up with the young Orc. After a period of time he notices Jarek is lagging behind, he thinks about calling out at the young lad to ‘keep up’, but stops himself, focusing his attention on Betchleigh and the path the orc is leading them on.

He thinks to himself: Perhaps Jarek is not keeping up on purpose… Maybe he is on to something. It seems like we are always trying to keep him in line when maybe we are preventing him from finding out what he is really good at. I think I will leave him be for the moment… If he needs help, he will call on us.

(At first I thought I could supply some sort of help or assistance, but upon reflection, I am not sure I am able to… But anyway, some nice RP to go along with the situation.)

You can’t provide a helping die without the inconspicuous skill yourself, or a skill that can FoRK into inconspicuous - for example if you had conspicuous, you might provide a distraction if you see that Jarek is about to be discovered.

Jarek’s Roll

4d6: 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 = 10

((All or nothing on the last roll then!))