Home Videos Games Podcastle

Tell me about your arkham horror lcg campaign!

I finished the ‘box’ of Dunwich Legacy tonight with The House Always Wins or, as I like to think of it, “Clever Jenny was doing do well until pissed off every criminal in the joint”.

I flew, FLEW, through the first two Acts with no serious problems (Clever Jenny! So Clever) and was just starting to make my way to Act 3. I was a little concerned that I had no real means of violence in my hand by there was a lot of evades and wildcards so I wasn’t too concerned. Plus I had TNT which solves all problems.

Agenda 1 finally hit the threshold and the spit hit the man so to speak. I also drew and got engage by an abomination while in the VIP room. I didn’t want to spend multiple rounds punching this muck into more muck so I used Elusive and whoosh back to Bella Luna. Look at that! I’m 2 moves away from the bar and just the Pit Boss in the way. Maybe it’s time I introduce him to some TNT?

During the Mythos phase I drew the mob dink that prevents you from getting resources. You know who I drew during upkeep? Upgraded Luca. Know how many resources I had after upkeep? 4. So I spent a turn trying to punch the mob guy to death with a hand full of book smarts. I was able to do one 1 DMG but everything else went HILARIOUSLY awry.

Next mythos I drew “every criminal wants to get up close and personal.” which resulted in being engaged with the both mob dink and the Pit Boss. Not great but both only had one would be dead with the slightest of love taps so there’s hope.

My (last) turn was spent trying to beat the mob dink to death (nope) then evade the Pit Boss (nada and double nada). Since I’d be dead at the start of the monster phase I resigned and beat street out of there.

So another neutral ending in a series of non-loses but still an enjoyable episode. I definitely considering a campaign restart though and going 2 handed since I keep ending up in situations where I’m spinning wheels because of bad luck.

Played the Guardians of the Abyss scenarios yesterday 3P with Sefina Rousseau (29 XP deck!). The other investigators were Leo Anderson and Wendy Adams. Rogues have the most fun. :wink:

I was able to do a good amount of clue gathering, and did get to execute the Watch This! + Double or Nothing (with Sure Gamble in hand to back it up) combo to get 12 resources in one test and scoop up all of the clues on a location , which was super satisfying.

Then we discovered in the second scenario that the chaos bag was set up incorrectly and didn’t have the auto-fail tentacle token in it. :persevere: So our win has an asterisk. Still, Arkham is always a good time!

Struggling to get this guy to work properly solo. All the best allies are unique!

I’m not understanding the problem? :thinking:

His special, through an ally, is to have three extra slots for non-unique allies. But (could be luck!), I never seem to get them together!

Ahh, I hadn’t noticed the non-unique restriction. Just take Charisma. Mitch Brown is not really worth building a deck around.