Home Videos Games Podcastle

Show them off! Your big, sexy, bulging ... game collections!

@brattyjedi Can I come visit you and steal all your Legos?

I do like your games collection, you have a great variety of great stuff.

I am very jealous of your Star Wars Legos, though, you have some super-cool sets

(@Silentgiant, I fell as hard as you did my friend, it’s pretty cool. I’m not going to say it’s cooler than the huge Death Star halves…you know what, I am going to say it is. Just because of the nerd-factor, that’s why I got a B-Wing set when I was 19 in college).

My Collection

My collection is pretty solid at this point I think. its got a decent amount of variety without being xbox huge.

The List of my Games & Expansions:

Android
Arkham Horror
Catan
Catan: 5-6 Player Extension
Dead of Winter: The Long Night
Eldritch Horror
Eldritch Horror: Cities in Ruin
Eldritch Horror: Forsaken Lore
Eldritch Horror: Strange Remnants
Eldritch Horror: Under the Pyramids
A Feast for Odin
Gloomhaven
Great Western Trail
Lanterns: The Harvest Festival
Lords of Waterdeep
Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases
Small World
T.I.M.E Stories
Terraforming Mars
Terraforming Mars: Hellas & Elysium
Terraforming Mars: Venus Next
This War of Mine: The Board Game
XCOM: The Board Game
Zombicide: Black Plague
Zombicide: Black Plague‚ Hero Box 1

That is an impressive collection! (and if I’ve never said this before, also an impressive beard, I mean, that’s some next level shi…OK, never mind, getting off-topic).

I can sort of see a theme there, with creative strategy (and a horror bent. Literally five, no, pardon, six, of your games have “Horror” in the title. (I like the Eldritch games as well, they’re fun as heck)). Betrayal at House on the Hill might be a good addition?

I still have to say those are all quality games, you’ve got a great collection and I’d play any of them, anytime.

Thanks!

Small World is the only game I impulse bought. but thats after watching Wil on TableTop play it. so its more a light entertainment game for me, Lanterns I think feels a bit more considered.

I try to keep my collection fairly focused and fairly high quality. Still some in there I havent gotten around to playing as I have gloomhaven set up most of the time.

As for Horror… yeah I’m an old school Lovecraft fan from my teens, before I knew what board games would become. But i was into the Warhammer Fantasy & 40k settings, which is what most of the books in the top left cube are for, Rogue Trader and Dark Heresy.

As for the beard, thanks :stuck_out_tongue: its almost hipster hobo!

Argh, I know this topic is about game collections, but I’m gonna have to veer off!

You might want to check out the D&D board games @LuciusNexx (not regular D&D, the tabletop tile games, The Legend of Drizzt and Castle Ravenloft specifically) they may fit in with your Eldritch Horror collection to give a change of pace in game play but keeping a similar tone. (Also, the bits are pretty great)

(Sorry, everyone! I’ll go back to almost getting everything I have together and then not taking a picture of it because I forgot one game.)

I have considered those D&D board games, they look interesting. But with Gloomhaven being the monster on the table and more time consuming that raising a dog, I need to hold off on the epic adventure games for now.

and I just went all in on 7th Continent…

Manions of Madness 2nd ed is on my radar too but I think there needs to be more variety in scenarios, as thats what hampers my enjoyment of Dead of Winter right now.

Visit, sure! Steal, NO WAY!! :crazy_face:

I like the Tantive IV. It was certainly much easier to move than the Death Stars were. My favorite will likely always be the Millennium Falcon, though. It gets pride of place in the living room rather than the game room in a glass-top coffee table chosen specifically for showing off the Falcon. I’m currently working on a Super Star Destroyer that will likely end up in the game room, either by the Y-Wing or maybe I’ll move the Tantive over to the Y-Wing and put the SSD by itself. I have way more Lego (not just Star Wars) than I could ever display at once so might have to do rotations of one set on display for a few months or a year then swap for something else.

(Maybe I should move this over to the what else do you collect discussion? To keep it on topic…)

Thanks. My boyfriend and I both like lots of variety in gaming, sometimes wanting the light and silly and sometimes the epic and brain-burning. That plus the places where our tastes don’t overlap at all has led to a pretty wide mix, I think. I have a bit of a problem with always wanting to learn new things which means buying too many games and sometimes falling for an impulse buy that I end up not liking and could likely have figured out if I’d done more research first. I’m overall pretty happy with most of what we have though and am getting better about borrowing games from friends to try new things without always having to buy.

OMG that is amazingly…you know what. We should probably have a builder’s thread so we don’t keep clogging this one up

(OMGOMG that is soo danged cool, that must have been a blast to build and you’re right, we need a new thread for this. I think you might be the right person for the job, to be honest, I’m obviously geeking out here and cant handle it myself.)

I am insanely jealous! I have the collectors edition X-Wing, but always wanted the Falcon.

Time to update my shelfie photo! Here’s the current collection! A couple games are slightly out of frame on the top shelf on the left: Sunset Over Water, Rhino Hero, and Exit: The Abandoned Cabin. The wood box on the second shelf is Carcassonne, the bagged game above Fjords is Hive Carbon, and the games in the lower right are the current contents of our Quiver.

Thanks.

So as to stop hijacking this thread, I made one for discussion of Lego, models, 3D puzzles, and other buildable kits people may have.

Off on holiday; caravan and camping. Thought I should take some supplies.
Rhino hero, Hey that’s my fish, Codenames, Eight minute empire, Kokoro, Kodama, Lanterns, Love letter, Qwirkle, Hive Pocket, couple of Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective cases, NMBR9, Journal 29 almost finished…

Surprisingly, 3 days in we’ve actually played almost all of them a couple of times each already

I like your storage method!

Haha, cheers. Only drive a wee Citroën C3, so every inch of space is at a premium

All of my games are finally off the floor, so I decided to take some photos of my (scattered) collection!

This is how it started, with Castle Ravenloft. None of the standard gateway games like Catan or Small World appealed to me (they still don’t) and this was the first one that actually sounded fun.

This used to be the bookcase for my DVDs and gradually the board games took over.

A friend moved to another city so I scored this cubby and put it to the left of the bookcase. I am not haunted by the ghost of a golden retriever; I’m dogsitting and she decided to dash into the room as I was taking this photo. The bags of styrofoam packing peanuts need to be taken to the Postal Annex to be recycled (because I hate just throwing them in the trash).

My main game collection is on this little table, heh. Everything is visible, I don’t have any games hidden in the back.

One day I noticed that this cupboard was empty so I decided to fill it with board games.

Everything else. I have fond memories of Lords of Waterdeep. It’s the first Euro I ever played, before I had even heard the term Euro! It’s surprisingly appealing to people who don’t normally like Euros.

Wow! Thats impressive! The cupboard/pantry may be my favorite picture and comment.
Just a little jealous over here :wink:

Edit: Do you still enjoy the D&D games? My son has been asking for Stuffed Fables, but after that I thought the D&D games might good. How is the replayability?

I’m pretty sure that cupboard had been empty for 15 years! :laughing:

I do still like the D&D games! They are fairly well-balanced, easy to teach/learn, there is some room for strategy and tactics while also including the highs and lows of rolling dice.

Tomb of Annihilation (the newest one) is the nicest production of the series (although not up to FFG standards) and has the best campaign mode. I was turned off by the idea of team and traitor scenarios in Legend of Drizzt when I first bought the game, but I’m more receptive to them now I think.

They are very replayable because of the random dungeon generation and encounter deck.

All empty cupboards should be filled with games

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll probably look at ToA or even Elemental Evil and move up to ToA.

Great collection Tika and I’m glad to see I’m not the only person with a scattered game collection. A chunk of mine is under the bed while I decide what to do about storage.