Home Videos Games Podcastle

Show them off! Your big, sexy, bulging ... game collections!

Today I had to make an emergency trip to IKEA to buy some new shelving as my previous game-carrying shelf was overflowing onto my dinner table and floor. Which got me thinking - I can’t be the only one with a big, well-endowed collection of games. So why not start a thread where people can showcase their collections. I’ll start off.

First a pic of the original shelf:

And the new addition to the family:

Apologies for the low quality picture! I’ll snap a few new ones once I have rearranged the games.

Now it’s your turn! Go ahead, post some tiltilating pictures of your big collections. Or your small ones. Size doesn’t really matter!

Selfie Thread!

This is a bit old and I’ve since acquired a bit more art and more games (the floor is now required, even with an extra shelf inside the closet which is behind me in that picture). Mostly accurate still, though.

@Ian2400‌ - You have no idea how jealous I am of the fact that you have an entire game room.

This is a bit old and I've since acquired a bit more art and more games (the floor is now required, even with an extra shelf inside the closet which is behind me in that picture). Mostly accurate still, though.

Robinson Crusoe! Arkham horror art on the wall! :heart:

Holy cow @Tika(whoops, that’s what I get for browsing on my mobile device) @Tengblad , that is a lovely collection. And thanks for making this thread happen.

Mine is more modest than most here. I’m pretty happy with the quality though. (Not pictured T2R:Europe)

The only thing that I have not played yet is Archipelago, which I am much excited about.

I don’t really have room for more games at this stage, but I would make room for Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective and The Castles of Mad King Ludwig.

[The image is being auto-rotated 90 degrees, sorry to everyone’s necks! Does anyone know how to fix this, maybe in the html source somehow?]

@hamporkbacon‌ That’s Erik’s collection! Mine is… distributed among part of two bookcases, two tables and parts of the floor in three different rooms. :frowning:

The auto-rotation makes it look like some of your games are upside down! It is mildly distressing. :grimacing: All good stuff, though! (Except for Dungeon Roll :innocent: )

@hamporkbacon‌ That's Erik's collection! Mine is... distributed among part of two bookcases, two tables and parts of the floor in three different rooms. :(

The auto-rotation makes it look like some of your games are upside down! It is mildly distressing. :grimacing: All good stuff, though! (Except for Dungeon Roll :innocent: )

Ha, sorry about that, must have misread something on the small screen on my phone.

Yes, my collection defies gravity. Dungeon Roll is an odd one. Objectively I know it’s a ‘bad’ game, but it can also be fun in a mindless way. Maybe I’m just trying to justify backing the kickstarter (never again!).

Actually, the game that dissapointed me the most was power-grid. The pacing feels all wrong to me and I think it’s about 1 hours worth of fun over 2 hours. Only played it thrice though, so we will see if it grows on me.

[The image is being auto-rotated 90 degrees, sorry to everyone's necks! Does anyone know how to fix this, maybe in the html source somehow?]
Weirdly enough, it displayed fine on iPad (landscape orientation). But now I look at it on a widescreen monitor, it is indeed rotated 90 degrees.

[The image is being auto-rotated 90 degrees, sorry to everyone's necks! Does anyone know how to fix this, maybe in the html source somehow?]
Weirdly enough, it displayed fine on iPad (landscape orientation). But now I look at it on a widescreen monitor, it is indeed rotated 90 degrees.

Image/video rotation sometimes isn’t read right by other devices. Its a bit weird.

I had to share the second shot because of my demon cat on top of the shelf.

@tengblad‌ The new shelf you bought is perfect. I’ve been eying that shelf for a while now, I just don’t have anywhere to put it.

@hamporkbacon‌ - Small but nice collection! I wish I had your willpower. When my collection grows I just buy new shelves. Soon my apartment will be more shelf than… well… apartment.

@Pseudohausen‌ - The Demon Cat is the Gatekeeper of the Games. I’m not actually 100% happy with the shelf. What I would really like is another of the black one I have, but I really can’t remember where I got that in the first place…

@tengblad‌ Oh no, what’s wrong with the shelf? And having more shelf than apartment is the dream really.

@Pseudohausen‌ - Well, the main problem I have with it is that it has these panels along the outer edges of the frame (you can see it in the pic I posted). That means that if you push a game all the way to the right or the left inside the shelf the panel will be in the way of the edge of the game box, meaning that you have to shift it to the side to pull it out. It’s a minor thing, but I find it annoying!

@tengblad‌ Those side panels are the reason I found the shelf aesthetically pleasing in the first place haha. I didn’t think that they’d be so annoying practically.

Also I just realized my Pandemic boxes are facing the wrong way. This is stressing me out.

@Pseudohausen‌ we have the same flooring throughout our entire flat. It’s creepy. It’s like you broke in when we were out, set up all your stuff for the photo, and then cleared it all out again before we got home.
Btw I noticed the Pandemic boxes too and it annoyed me :stuck_out_tongue:

Ohh I have some photo spam to share.

My games live in a cupboard:

(there are a number hidden in that picture as the cupboard is wider than the door)

We, like Ian have a games room (though we’re not at the stage where our posters are framed, getting there though).
I’ve hidden pics of it in a spoiler tag to keep people from breaking their scroll wheel :wink:

The table is huge and fits any game easily:

(The laptop and speakers are for in-game music and rules reference if needed)

The little cabinet holds all my D&D stuff very well:

We were given that framed picture, but it just goes so well there, that despite being naff I’ve come to really love it.

And here’s the room in D&D mode:

Finally the chest that noramlly lives in the middle of the table are my lovely metal, pirate-coin poker chips:

@JakeThePirate‌ those pirate coins are just incredible. Are they generally available or a custom project for yourself?

Now that I’ve got my far too proud photo spam out of the way.

@tengblad‌ your’s is one of the few collections that’s on a bookcase with the games stored horizontally. Also lovely collection of course (so many games)

@Ian2400‌ you’re games room is just gorgeous, I love the posters. I can identify Battlestar, Galaxy Trucker and Pandemic right? (I cheated, and checked the only one I picked was BSG)

@FatedToPretend Thank you, I am very proud of them (they are probably one of the msot frivilous things I have ever purchased, probably the most expensive thing gamign related I’ve purchased). They were a kickstarter type thing by a local firm. I don’t think they’re generally available any more but you can always email the guys and check.

@JakeThePirate‌ Of course my games live horizontally! You can’t have them standing up! That’s sacrilege! :open_mouth:
Also, nice collection! Is that a Backgammon set in the black brief-case looking thing?

Yeah the black briefcase is backgammon and the red is mahjong.