Home Videos Games Podcastle

S02E03 music ramble

Did anyone catch all the bands from that list they gave of their musical autobiographies? Soup for Animals, or something like that? And an album with a folk song that changed genres in the middle, that sounded interesting.

I enjoyed Radiohead, though I only joined that party around the Kid A era. I pay for Google Music, may as well get my money’s worth and hear some new tunes. Thanks! If no one has time to respond I’ll listen to the podcast again tomorrow and try to get the names down here.

Oasis, Blur, Pulp, Manic Street Preachers, Super Furry Animals, Radiohead, M83, Teenage Fanclub, Kendrick Lamar (though it was unclear whether she liked that or not), Rammstein.
Might have missed some.

Matt mentioned The OCs/The Oh Sees/Thee Oh Sees/Oh Sees*!!! I was giddy with excitement.

LOOK AT THOSE DRUMMERS GO! All bands need two drummers. Obligatory!

(Matt also loves Neutral Milk Hotel fwiw. He has good taste. Check out In The Aeroplane Over the Sea)

*They change their name a lot.

Thank you, by the way! I’ve had Super Furry Animals going in my car for a couple days, and I’m liking it. I liked the album Fuzzy Logic, and I’ll try something else soon, maybe Pulp.