Home Videos Games Podcastle

Roll Player PBF #1

OK, too small. How about this, uploaded at original 3840×2160?

… that looks better. And if there’s only one image per post, you can click once to get the image, then click again to zoom in.

1 Like

I can definitely read the last image, thanks.

They look good, and the last one is legible for the card text. Should we have a back-channel/discussion thread, though, where we can read plain-text and talk about the rules without disrupting the game-flow?

I admit, I can read the last image’s cards, but not well.

(fine, I’m old, but my glasses are very good and my optometrist says I have great visual acuity for my prescription and my age. Take that you young punks!)

I tend to think in terms of a single thread per game, but if you think it’s sensible that’s fine with me.

Your game, you are the boss.

I tried to get a physical copy for home, it helps when I can get my hands on a game, it was $60 bucks (too much for me until I get my paycheck, honestly par for course for a good game, it’s not that bad) but it was sold out when I checked this morning.

(EDIT: :facepalm: Another example of SU&SD getting me to try to spend money I don’t have, and then making me regret being frugal just because I’m broke)

OK then!

1 Like

I’m easy without M&M included, just thought it was worth considering if we had a 5th to join in. Keeping it to the base game does streamline things though. Also I’ll add I’m totally fine with you playing and running things. I promise I can roll worse than you can cheat anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ditto.

The rules make sense, though I’m already dreading screwing up my tableau. No preference on whether we use M&M.

Remember this is a big fancy roll and write, no matter what anyone tells you. You ARE going to mess up your tableau. But you’ll have options to “fix” things (whatever that may look like) right to the bitter end.

1 Like

I know. Just getting my excuses in early. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, looks as if I’m player #4.

In this implementation of the game, the character sheets are fixed, so you can’t choose your preferred side. This doesn’t affect gameplay.

We draw for unique class colours.
@VictorViper - Blue
@jgf1123 - White
@MinuteWalt - Green
@RogerBW - Purple

With a choice between Bard and Monk, I’ll take Monk - after discarding a card from the Market, you may take any Attribute Action. Screenshots for the rest of you to follow shortly.

@jgf1123, Cleric or Paladin.

@VictorViper, Wizard or Sorcerer.

@MinuteWalt, Ranger or Druid.

I’ll take Wizard.

Ranger seems like the easier choice, but if any of the other players think that Druid will benefit our team better, I can go that way. I’ll just say Ranger for now until everyone’s chimed in.

You can benefit the “team” by taking the crappy dice for us. Otherwise you do you. :kissing_heart:

[EDIT] Actually I guess the answer changes if we want to take our peppy heroes into a PBF RPG.

1 Like

(Wizard has good $$, that’s why I’m on the edge about Ranger)

I think you’ll find the Druid (potentially) more consistently beneficial for a first play.