Home Videos Games Podcastle

Quinns' Official Duskers Thread

Hi everyone! I’m not sure if you guys are aware but Duskers came out yesterday, and it’s fantastic. It’s so good. It’s SO GOOD.

If you need a little more convincing, this short video I made on it might work? But honestly, everyone I know who’s bought it has loved it. My obsession has actually reached the point where I bought it for a friend this morning.

Obviously we needed a home for sweet dusk-chat on the forum. Who wants a drone named after them in my next game? I’ll let you know what they get up to!

Yes please - seeing myself as a puppet drone picking my way through a post-apocalyptic wasteland sounds a useful how-to guide for the near future.

Perfect. This is you! You’re joining a team made up Matthew The Shitty Generator Robot and LegLeg the Hacking Robot.

PROS: You’ve got a stealth drive and stun mines! And a sonic pulse to drive away organic life forms!

CONS: The sonic pulse is a bit broke. Also you’re a bit broke. And because of your stealth drive you’re the drone I send into the most dangerous places. Updates to follow!

At least I’ll die doing what I loved - being horrifically torn apart by unknown enemies in the darkest and most dangerous places of the world.

Oh man, this looks up my alley. I’m installing it now. I’m on a bit of a post-apocalyptic kick at the moment because I’m playing my way through Fallout 1 (for the first time!).

And I would also like to be remotely controlled into extreme danger.

Really looking forward to giving this one a go - been on my radar since your video. Love how immersive it looks.

Oooh, thanks! I’ve been looking forward to this one :slight_smile:

Oh dear. Last known footage transmitted from MeepleLikeUs:

The stealth drive failed at a really, really bad moment. Enough said. You’ve been replaced in my fleet by @Jagrafess! A spritely (read: small and fragile) little minelayer.

Oh god Jaga got eaten by space-bees. You guys are terrible. I’m not naming any more drones after you.

Think only this of me:

There is some corner of a foreign wasteland that is forever Meeple.

God speed little Drone. God speed.

@quinns, in honour of team SUSD’s continuing difficulties with the word, please create baby drone Segue.

I’m really enjoying it as well! It is so immersive in a counter-intuitively detached way. I love my drones, even if I’m controlling them from a bunker on some distant planet…

Think only this of mOH GOD WHY AM I COVERED IN BEES

Bought It, Love It!

Have shat myself at least twice while playing it.

9/10 ; Would shit again

I also bought it yesterday! I’ve only poked at it for a few minutes yet, but it seems very good!

Bought it yesterday. It’s like FTL meets Space Hulk.

I try to play entirely from the console. I hope that there will be some modding support in future so that I can control the drones from external programs. I work in AI, and often robotics, and all I can think while playing this game is how similar it is to one of our group’s current projects.

I’m loving it so far! Though I do have a horrible and likely incorrect nagging sensation born from years of sci-fit Twists that I’ve been killing survivors when I deal with infestations …

This thread is already the best thing that has come out of cool ghost
and i’m not even drunk yet there’s so much good stuff already

Oh jeez I got the early access build after all the raving about it when it first appeared and did what I always do, which is poke it and go “well, I should wait for more stuff before I burn out”. I should definitely go back now. It seemed unbelievably atmospheric even in its nascent form.

I did the same except I didn’t even poke it, I wanted to support them, but I’m so prone to pre-final release burnout with Early Access, and it seemed like a really special thing, which deserved playing complete.

My first impressions after finally getting some time to sit down with it, is that I’m a scatterbrained and just generally awful drone operator. Couple that with my general jumpiness when confronted with this kind of oppressive atmosphere, and I think I’m going to have a baaaaaaaaaad time.