Home Videos Games Podcastle

Poorly described plots (seven words or fewer)

Ooh, I know, it’s every book ever written by David Eddings! The book covers were probably different colours. Same damn plot every time. I admit I stopped reading after the third time (fool me twice, shame on me), so it’s not impossible that he wrote a different story at some point in the intervening decades, but I have strong doubts.

(I admit I may be veering off-topic… and it also turns out that he’s dead, so now I feel slightly awkward about this – but it’s still true, darn it.)

Astonished to discover I haven’t yet given a clue with this as the answer.

Run Lola Run

Gods, no! Minus 50 points just for suggesting it! :stuck_out_tongue:

No, but I see where you are going with it. No, the plot given is intended for a single film.

Where’s the slap button on this thing? You are getting hysterical.

Nope

This is exactly the scene I was thinking of when I wrote that! Thanks for posting it.

I feel back on topic now!

Creed?

Now that’s a good guess!

Wrong. But a good guess.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse?

I am afraid not.

Hint: Protagonost defeats snow and sky, but ultimately falls from following the way of sword.

Hero?

I knew that hint was too much of a giveaway. Correct! Your prize is a wire team who can make it appear as if you can glide through the air, but only in yiur own home where they’ve rigged up all the necessary equipment.

We seem to be dry here. How about:

Person struggles to get home after breakdown

Falling Down?

I have to say that was a great answer, even if it was wrong. I also suspect you may have seen that episode of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

I like Falling Down as an answer, Michal Douglas is almost unrecognizable, it’s a hell of a role. (It reminds me of the Coen’s A Serious Man in a few ways).

But I’m going to guess Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.
EDIT: I take that back, Adventures in Babysitting!

Honestly, I could do this all day. But I won’t, so I’ve deleted the next few I thought of (I had them spoiler-texed, but then I was like “why?”). Adventures is my current guess.

It’s a pretty common plot device, and I’m still trying to figure out how @skeletor thinks.

(Don’t worry, I can’t figure out how any of you think. I don’t know why I started this thread, I suck at this.)

Not Falling Down, nor Planes, Trains and Automobiles, nor even Adventures in Babysitting!

Edit: not sure how to do strikethroughs! XD

Strikethroughs:

Easiest way is to do double tildes on each end, or you can do an angled bracket with a closed tag…let me just show you…
Both the words below will have a strikethrough if you type them like that:

~~strike~~ 

<s>strike</s>

I’ve done it both ways below:

strike
strike