Home Videos Games Podcastle

Please Help with Xmas List

Hello!

I’m being badgered to list some games I want for Christmas but I’m procrastinating, mainly because I don’t know what I want!

Can any of you fine people help with suggestions please?

I’m probably looking for something newish as chances are friends/family won’t have played it. I prefer theme over mechanics. Maybe one family friendly game and one deep strategy for mates.

Thanks

What are some games you already have and like (or indeed dislike)?

2 Likes

Well if playing with family, I recommend Men at Work. Its great and I love it. Its on my Christmas list.

2 Likes

Well, just to name a few: Galaxy Trucker, Dice City, Escape: The Curse of the Temple(?), Battlestar, Legendary, Descent, Cutthroat Caverns, Quacks of Quedlinburg, Disney Villainous, Zombicide, Cash N Guns, King of Tokyo…

Thanks @Griffster77, I’ll take a look :+1:

2 Likes

OK, some titles that come to mind: Flash Point, Firefly, Doctor Who Time of the Daleks, Burgle Bros, Colt Express, Captain Sonar, NMBR 9, Revolution! (if you can find it).

1 Like

This barely counts as a board game, but… Pitchcar?

4 Likes

Horrified comes to mind, if you’re into the old horror movie theme.

Western Legends is touted for the Western themeing.

1 Like

Yeah this is a game I think you just need to have - it’s gorgeous, hilarious and makes people take ludicrous risks. It’ll be on the table for me this xmas.

1 Like

Sweet. Men at Work is on the list! Cheers

Whoops, got this one, thanks though.

Hmmm, might look at Burgle Bros and Horrified, thanks. Colt express is good but a friend has that so I’ll leave it.

Not heard of Western Legends but if it’s got a good theme, I’m intrigued.

Plenty to get on with here, thank you all so much for the great ideas and quick response! :grin:

1 Like

Family game: Just One, Werewords, Time’s Up.

Strategy: Great Western Trail, Concordia,

1 Like

We’re having a lot of fun with Hadara

For a family game, and something a bit different, Illusion

2 Likes

Loads there to check out and ponder, thank you! :+1:

This is a great choice. Or, since it’s so cheap ( at least in the US), you can get it and The Mind as a family game.

1 Like

Oooh cheap is good! More variety. Thanks chaps.

1 Like