Home Videos Games Podcastle

Planning to run RPG Sessions at SHUX

The below information is being cross posted here in addition to being posted on the SUSD community organized RPG geek list in order to get more visibility for the RPG sessions I’m planning on running SHUX weekend. I’ve picked 1pm on each afternoon but I’m not absolutely committed to that time and I’m very willing to move to a different time if that works better for people who are interested in playing but want to attend some of the planned SHUX events.

Session 1 - Friday afternoon

• Game Title: Planet Mercenary - The Damaxuri Deception
  • Number of Players: 5
  • Date and Time: 1pm Friday afternoon
  • Location/Table: RPG area
  • Expected Playing Time: 3 - 4 hours
  • Experience Required: None. Everyone is welcome!
  • Suggested Age: 13+

The mercenary company is attending MercCon, which is being held at the dilapidated space station Highport, in orbit above the beautiful, deadly, gold-and-black desert world of Damaxuri. The convention will soon be interrupted by the announcement of a high-paying bounty on the notorious arms dealer known as Kostavi. Will the players be he first mercenary company to be able to claim the bounty?

The Planet Mercenary Role Playing Game is a military-themed science fiction RPG set in 3100 CE, in the universe of the Schlock Mercenary webcomic (www.schlockmercenary.com). Aliens, humans, and artificial intelligences are all part of a galaxy-spanning culture in which warfare is common enough that there is a sizeable market for people who can wage it professionally. You and the other players are the senior officers in a mercenary company, a relatively small organization that promises to put you in harm’s way on a regular basis.

Session 2 - Saturday afternoon

• Game Title: Blades in the Dark - War in Crow’s Foot
  • Number of Players: 5
  • Date and Time: 1pm Saturday afternoon
  • Expected Playing Time: 3 - 4 hours
  • Suggested Age: 13+

Roric, the ward boss who ran the criminal operations in the Crow’s Foot district, has been killed. With Roric died, the peace he had brokered between two rival gangs, the Lampblacks and the Red Sashes, has exploded into open war on the streets. Your small gang is approached by the the lamp blacks to perform a job for them that will swing the street war in their favor. The job is simple enough and the pay is good, what could go wrong?

Blades in the Dark is a tabletop role-playing game about a crew of daring scoundrels seeking their fortunes on the haunted streets of an industrial-fantasy city. There are heists, chases, occult mysteries, dangerous bargains, bloody skirmishes, and, above all, riches to be had — if you’re bold enough to seize them.

See https://www.shutupandsitdown.com/rpg-review-blades-in-the-dark/ for Shut Up and Sit Down’s review of Blades in the Dark.

Session 3 - Sunday afternoon

• Game Title: Fall of Delta Green - On a Bank, By Moonlight
  • Number of Players: 6
  • Date and Time: 1pm Sunday afternoon
  • Expected Playing Time: (Duration)
  • Suggested Age: 18+

The year is 1968. Two deaths in a small town are troubling the Police. Reports contain references to chanting, graven idols and strange moonlight ceremonies. As Agents of Delta Green, a top-secret branch of the US Government, your mission is to investigate those deaths and eradicate any unnatural influences.

Born of the U.S. government’s 1928 raid on the degenerate coastal town of Innsmouth, Massachusetts, the covert agency known as Delta Green opposes the forces of darkness with honor, but without glory. Delta Green agents slip through the system, manipulating the federal bureaucracy while pushing the darkness back for another day — but often at a shattering personal cost. The Fall of Delta Green adapts Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game from Arc Dream Publishing to the GUMSHOE rules system used by Pelgrane Press games such as Night’s Black Agents and Trail of Cthulhu.

See https://www.shutupandsitdown.com/rpg-review-trail-of-cthulhu/ for Shut Up and Sit Down’s review of Trail of Cthulhu, which uses the same rule set as Fall of Delta Green.

1 Like

There’s now an official RPGGeek list for RPGS (I’ve added the sessions I want to run): https://rpggeek.com/geeklist/261310/shux19-community-organized-rpgs

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll move these games from the board game geek list to that list.

1 Like