Hello Great People of Peartonia!
Nominations are now CLOSED! Please go vote in the voting threads! (And, if you think a nomination was missed, don’t forget you can write in candidates!)
Look, it’s the end of the year, and I don’t need to tell you what’s going to start happening soon.
2018 is nearly over, and…well, this happens every December. Just because we’re about to advance the year by +1, there’s gonna a be a whole megaton of reflection. Introspection. Looking back. Remembering and reevaluating. Navel-gazing. 'Tis the season.
And I’ll tell you what–there’s really no point in resisting it. If this is all happening, well, gosh darn it, we might as well reflect on and make lists about something we actually care about. Something that matters.
But what we can do is talk about board games. And expansions! And which ones we liked more than others!
So, go on, get to browsing, and see if anything jumps out at you.
- best boardgame or expansion released in 2018
- best Kickstarter delivered in 2018
- best pre-2018 game you played for the first time in 2018
- best RPG released in 2018
- best publisher as of 2018
- best designer as of 2018
- best whatever else you can think of (if there are enough mentions for a category, we can do it!)
- Nominate as many titles/people/things as you like.
- Nominations will close in 1 week on December 11th .
- Voting will be done by forum in a new thread during the following week.
Okay, quick, the end is nigh–nominations away!
NOTE: One absolutely obvious and essential category we have been missing in year’s past is Best Art in a 2018 Game.
So, leave your nominations for best art on the More Games Please poll, and we can keep track of the results there!