Home Videos Games Podcastle

[PBF] Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

“Told you I’d look out for you.” Says Gert as cheerfully as he can given the circumstances. He’ll move towards Vadroma to help drag her towards the barge.

d100: 96 vs athletic 40 + 20

1 Like

I’ll use a fortune point to reroll that.
d100: 19 vs athletic 40 + 20

2 Likes

(down to 1 out of 3 fortunate points. Is that the 5 success levels we need?)

2 Likes

(Yes, that’s the 5 SL needed!)

Gert wraps a strong arm around Vadoma, lifting her clear of the water. She initially resists with a strength born of sheer panic, causing Gert to falter, but once Vadoma becomes aware that she is being aided, she goes limp. From that point Gert is easily able to haul her to the barge and manhandle her over the side.


Round 3
Initiative Order
37 Gert
29 Else
26 Meinrad
9 Stirpike (almost halfway…)


(Assuming you want to continue to act as previously suggested, Else’s movement will result in her getting out of the water just behind Vadoma.

As a free action, she can check if one of her pistols has miraculously survived the water in a state to fire. You have a 5% chance that one pistol is fit for purpose.)

1 Like

Yeah I’ll roll for that

d100: 11 against 5

(Unlucky. For clarity, the Stirpike is about 45 yards away from Meinrad and Gert in the water, moving at 15 yards per Round.

You could attempt to clean and reload a pistol. To reload is normally an extended test of your Ballistic Skill (Pistol), needing 1 SL. Due to the effects of the water, it will be a Difficult (-10) test, and you’ll need to score 2 SLs.

Otherwise, let me know what kind of thing you might like to do with your Action).

Else curses about ‘stupid boats!’ and attempts to reload.

(I’ve not got my character sheet with me and can’t remember my BS score)

d100: 49

(Your Ballistic Skill (Pistol) is 56, reduced to 46 from the Difficult test, so no progress made.)


Round 3
Initiative Order
37 Gert
29 Else
26 Meinrad
9 Stirpike (45 yards away)


Meinrad, you and Gert are still in the water with the Stirpike. A simple move will let you clamber out onto either the bank or barge.

(if it comes round to me, I’ll do the same again - I’ll PM you a roll so it doesn’t influences other actions)

2 Likes

“I say we all go on the bank with Vadoma, regroup for a bit and head back to the barge afterward”

Meinrad will follow his words with action and head to the river bank, and then will check if Vadoma is alright or needs anything.

And if possible, i would also like to quickly check the trees to see if I can orient myself, and figure out a bit where we are and which way is north (making use of one of my talent)

(I think she’s on the barge, sorry buddy.)

(:open_mouth:)
If I can retcon that, Meinrad will say that we should regroup on the barge!

2 Likes

Meinrad hauls himself out of the water, leaving Gert as the last one in.


The Stirpike cuts through the water towards Gert, now about 30 yards away.


Round 4
Initiative Order
37 Gert
29 Else
26 Meinrad
9 Stirpike (30 yards away)

1 Like

Gert would like to get out of the water please. Pretty pretty please?

If there’s an action leftover, he’d like to look around and make sure no other crew have fallen overboard.

Gert hauls himself dripping back onto deck. Having a look around, he can see a shivering wet crewmember further down the barge, but no other Strigany in the water. There is general chaos onboard, crates and barrels everywhere, a couple of crew groaning in pain whilst Reiko vainly tries to restore some calm and order.

Else is cursing away as she tries to deal with her water logged pistols, Meinrad seems fine as does Vadoma. With no prey in the water, the Stirpike turns away with a flick of his tail and returns to deeper waters.

(You are now out of combat!)

Is Rutger anywhere to be seen?

Rutger is standing a little dazed at the entrance to his cabin.

Reiko has managed to get the crew to stabilise the barge, although the hull creaks alarmingly. The Strigany are starting to salvage the goods, using a pair of timbers as a gangplank to the bank. The two hurt Strigany are helped ashore, one nursing an arm, the other clutching their chest. The healthy and fit crew sweat and struggle as they start to pile up crates and barrels from the barge.

“I just tidied this!”

Gert will look around disappointingly, before trying to assess the damage to the ship. Better to try get another half an hour out of the ship than another three boxes off. Probably.

1 Like

Else thrusts her soggy pistols (I’ve named them Justice and Purity!) back into her belt

“Master Reiko - are we abandoning ship?”

1 Like

“The Trandafir is stuck fast, and she ain’t in no shape to sail further.” Reiko replies, as he helps Vadoma to the bank.

(Gert, your assessment of the state of the barge tallies with this pronouncement.)

“Best we recover what we can in case she doesn’t remain stable in the current.” He gives you all a graceful bow. “My thanks to you for helping rescue Grandmother Vadoma. I won’t be forgetting your actions.”

The old lady smiles at you as she passes.
“Blessings of our ancestors on you all! Praise be! Yes, these maybe the ones who are ready to face the Beast…” She looks half-frozen and even more frail than before, but has at least survived the experience.

1 Like