Home Videos Games Podcastle

[PBF] Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

I will use my only Resolve point then, and try to stand up, and then try to help the nearest person to get up also.

Assuming it is also Athletics, here is my roll :
d100: 68 vs (30 + 40) = 70

1 Like

As he feels panic begin to set in, Meinrad draws on some inner strength to quell his body’s reaction to the sudden dunking in the freezing water. He manages to slow and control his breathing, and after some fumbling, gets his feet underneath him and stands up.

Glancing around, Meinrad can see that both Gert and Else are struggling to stand. Their feet slip on the rounded stones that line the riverbed, or the current tugs at cloaks and coats, pulling them off balance. Both seem in danger of taking in a good lungful of water, but Meinrad could easy grab one and help them keep their head above the surface.

(After standing Meinrad can grab one person (Gert, Else or Vadoma) and stop them from suffering drowning damage this Round. Now he has his feet, next Round he can undertake a more effective action to help out those around him.)

[That is a tough choice to make. I think I’m going to game this a bit and help the first in round order]

Meinrad freaks out a bit in the agitation, and as he looks around, he see Gert struggling. Grabbing him by his collar, he pulls him out of the rushing current.
“Can you get the one with the guns? I’ll take the old lady!”

1 Like

(are others in the water or is it just us idiots and the old lady?)

1 Like

You can make out a lot of shouting, some voices calling in pain, others in panic. There could be crew in the water on the other side of the boat, but the barge hides them from view.

1 Like

Still struggling to find his feet, Gert spits water and says “Yep, Else, got her.”

(we’re still waiting on the Stirpike I think, but after that Gert would like to find his feet then help Else (if possible.) I’ll spoiler the roll below, so you’re not all waiting on me, cause I’m off to sleep.)

Sweet sweet dice bot be good to me

d100: 64 vs athletics 40 + 40 easy test.

2 Likes

(so who’s next? What’s the Stirpike doing?)

1 Like

The shadow of the pike beneath the surface closes the gap, covering about a fifth of distance to where Vadoma splashes around.

End of Round 1
Else takes 1 wound from drowning, water gushing into her mouth as she struggles to get upright.
With Meinrad’s help, Gert manages to avoid this.

Round 2
Initiative Order
37 Gert
29 Else
26 Meinrad
9 Stirpike (getting closer…)

Gert finally finds his feet. By helping Else he will prevent any further drowning damage at the end of the Round, but he won’t be able to offer any bonus to her roll this round.

It is Else’s turn. The same Easy (+40) Athletics test to stand up.

Ok here we go

Else: d100: 40 v Athletics (28+40) 68

1 Like

Else manages to stand, coughing and spluttering, Gert hanging onto her arm to help steady her as the river surges around them.

Else can try and grab Vadoma to hold her head up, or start to shuffle towards either the bank or the barge.

Round 2
Initiative Order
37 Gert
29 Else
26 Meinrad
9 Stirpike (getting closer…)

(I’ll wait to see what Else is doing before I go)

Else grabs Gert’s arm. “Thanks for the hand. Grab the old lady - I’ll be better use fighting than helping her. You’re probably better in this water than me anyway.”

I’ll move towards the barge (if it’s easy to get back on) or to the bank if not

1 Like

I think since Meinrad is on the way to Vadoma, he’ll grab her first, and then ask for Gert’s help to pull her to shore. If Gert’s can’t make it, he’ll try by himself.

(You are all within arm’s reach of one another, so there’s not much in it with regards to who is closer.

Getting Vadoma out of the water will be an Extended Test. An extended test is for something that is particular taxing or lengthy. I will set a number of success levels that need to be achieved. The SL will be accrued from multiple rolls over a number of Rounds, and other players can also contribute to the task (where appropriate). If you ever drop below 0 SL in total, you lose all progress and have to start from scratch again.

To get Vadoma to either the river bank or onto the barge will be an extended Average (+20) Athletics test, and you need to get a total of 5 SLs to succeed.

One other action worth introducing is ‘Assist Another’. By taking this action, you can give another player +10 to their skill roll. This concept can also be used out of combat e.g. you could have assisted Gert’s Sailing check earlier. The main limitation is that in order to assist someone undertaking an Advanced skill, you must also have at least one advance in the skill being tested.

Meinrad could therefore give up his action this Round to give Gert a +10 to his athletics check next Round to save Vadoma, if that is indeed what he wants to do.)

No I think I will start working on the task of getting Vadoma out of the water and maybe Gert can pick it up after me.

Meinrad trying to getv Vadoma to the river bank d100: 71 vs Athletics (30+20)=50

1 Like

(for my défense, she’s heavier than she looks)

2 Likes

As Meinrad starts to try and haul Vadoma away, she flails out an arm, smacking him across the face, making him lose his grip for a moment. Meinrad swiftly grabs hold of the old lady again, but they are no closer to safety.

The Stirpike flicks its tail, narrowing the distance further; it is just shy of halfway to the group.

Round 3
Initiative Order
37 Gert
29 Else
26 Meinrad
9 Stirpike (almost halfway…)

(i edited my response to say I’ll move towards the barge, if it’s easy to get on it, or to the bank - not sure if you saw it)

(Thanks for mentioning the edit, I had missed it.

If she continues her movement next Round, Else can be either on the bank or the barge (your choice). Else knows that immersion in the water will not have done wonders for her pistols. However, there is a slim chance Sigmar maybe smiling on her…)

Fine, I’ll move towards the barge.

1 Like