Home Videos Games Podcastle

[PBF] The Quiet Year - Space: 19,990 leagues under the sea

NO! The red alga resisted everything so far. It is our only hope against our enemies, be them humans on the other base or machine floating about. We need to grow some here!

1 Like

What was your card and Action, @Cokho?

Should have been clearer, that was my participation in the discussion started by your card. I’ll take my turn once everyone had a go at the topic !

1 Like

(My bad, I forgot that damned card started a Discussion before my Action)

1 Like

Is it me?

No! Let’s watch what the raiders do the Algae before we risk a core breach.

2 Likes

(i think @lovvbar has still to say what he think of the statement! Then it is my turn to draw. Forgot to @ him after my go!)

2 Likes

I’m inclined to agree with @RossM - it kind of looks like they’re doing the work for us, should we maybe wait and see what they do?

2 Likes

OK, now it’s @Cokho’s card? Sorry, kids.

1 Like

My card is the Four of Autumn :

“The weakest among you die, Who’s to blame?”

Tomas, good old Tomas. He was getting better, standing up again, he even remembered an old song they used to sing while building the first base with the robots. But there still was this cough that would not go away. A sharp one, that was unmistakable. Some people thought it was part of the recovery, that it will go away, or that he will have to live to learn with it.
But some people knew what would cure him. They knew what was the solution to all of the base’s problems. So they went into one of the labs, grabbed a sample of the alga round fruits, mixed it into one of the protein bar that Tomas ate.
He screamed way longer than we thought someone his age could. Not only scream of pain, but of terror. He was not making any sense, but no one missed what was happening. He died after the night.

My action for the turn:
We need to dive into the book we took back from the First Base. Maybe there is something there about the raiders, or about the alga? I’m Starting a Project that will last 3 weeks

2 Likes

10 of Autumn
For the first time in months… it’s quiet. It takes a few days for everyone to realize, but the algae, and the raiders are gone. There is nothing out there. The uncanny base can still be seen in the distance, quiet and unmoving, but beyond that, there doesn’t appear to be anything out there. There is obviously a skepticism and a fear that remains - is this a joke? A trick? What is going on…

10%20Of%20Autmn

For my action, I would like to make a new discovery: the temperature of the water is unbelievably cold. It seems to have dropped when no one was watching, and the coldness is approaching the point where it will become a problem - it will soon begin to impact the shelter and the instruments. We may have a whole new problem…

3 Likes

My card is the two of autumn.

Someone dies!

At shift changeover, something very unexpected happened, the automated pod used to ‘remove’ our smiling friend is returned. He’s still smiling away, but thats less interesting than the fact his skill seems to have been crushed with something with the strength of an industrial press…

For my second action I’m going to start a project

The salvaged construction robot is to be reprogrammed to accept all repair orders on our base, instead of its previous home. Just a case of changing a few coordinates.

(1 week)

3 Likes

Put it on the map, man!

Also, the card text for the 2♣ (briefly): “You find a body, who? how?”

Oh yeah! Sorry, on phone, will do asap

2 Likes

Updated map!

d050db66cf684334b82e0752fba7ecbbd6a312b1

2 Likes

My card is King of Autumn.
Mmmmmmrrrgnh…

A natural disaster strikes the area

Earthquake centering from the Rift! Goddamit! Everyone get to the recycling tanks, fuel supplies, and shore up the bulkheads! This is not a drill! Get those kids to safety!

We lost 3 adults and 1 child in a safety lock when a bulkhead blew. They were still inside the compartment, there was nothing we could do.

For my Action I would like to Start a Discussion

Reviewing the video footage, the members of this outpost, Randal Bunch, Mala Vian, Bob Moore, and young Tilly Jacobs, all followed protocol to the letter to keep the rest of this outpost running, and save lives on this colony, at the sacrifice of their own.

We should have a memorial service.

(aside, players, this was hard, I put my card choices at that link)

1 Like

Yes they did good and important thing; but that was because they were following protocols. We have so much stuff to do already, let’s not add organizing a memorial service to that list. We can write their names on one of the brick we will use to rebuild what was destroyed.

1 Like

We should have a memorial service.

2 Likes

(@lovvbar?)