Home Videos Games Podcastle

PBF Pax Pamir 2nd ed. game 3

I will play Prince Akbar placing both spies onto the Prince Akbar card
I will then play Shah’s Guard to the RIGHT of Prince Akbar and place one spy onto Shah’s Guard

I will place armies as directed on each card

I will then tax Henry Pottinger using my free action given the military suit

1 Like

Tan
005t
Blue hand empty
Blue does not have to pay bribes when playing cards.

Grey hand empty
Grey does not have to pay bribes when spies hold Grey’s actions hostage.

Red hand empty
Red political cards are immune to betray.
Two afghan armies are placed in Kabul after a Dominance Check.

@chrislear is up.

@Cokho, would it be worth my while asking for a 1-rupee discount, (or even complete waiver if you want to bank future dobrozhelatelnost), on a potential Punjab play? In return I would make sure any Punjabi spies stay off Ranjit Singh’s turf.

1 Like

As much as I appreciate the sentiment, my savings are running a bit low, and all participation is most welcome. But, if no spy find its way to one of my court, we can have this talk again some time later.

1 Like

I hear you. I’ll play Sikh Merchants in Lahore to the right of my court, giving the full 2 rupees to Cokho. I’ll make a Punjab-Kandahar road and put the spy on my own card. It’s leveraged, so (just checking I know the rules) I should get 2 rupees. Finally I’ll purchase Bank for nothing.

1 Like

Tan
009t
Blue hand empty

Grey hand empty
Grey does not have to pay bribes when spies hold Grey’s actions hostage.

Red hand empty

@whistle_pig is up.

I think @whistle_pig was betrayed by either Aga Mehdi, Rangit Singh, or Madali Khan…

Buy Rebuke - place two rupees on Afghan Handicrafts, remove all tribes and armies from Punjab.
Buy Bukharan Jews - place two rupees on Henry Pottinger.

Tan
009t
Blue
010b

Grey hand empty

Red hand empty

@Cokho is up.

Purchase Afghan handicraft
use move action from aga medhi to move spy clockwise on Minaret of jam

Tan
009t
Blue
010b

Grey
011g

Red hand empty

@apm is up.

Buy Henry Pottinger and then Herati Bandits

Using military suit on **Shah Guard ** to free tax one rupee from market.

Tan
009t
Blue
010b

Grey
011g

Red
012r

@chrislear is up.

I’ll play the Fruit markets to the left, paying the bribe, and putting a road betwen Kandahar and Kabul, then buy the Riots in Kabul card [edit, I’ll actually buy the Nation Building end of the card]. No bonus actions in the political suit, sadly.

Tan
013t
Build actions by Tan place twice as many blocks.

Blue
010b

Grey
011g

Red
012r

@whistle_pig is up.

Play Bukharan Jews to the right - place a spy on the same card, leverage two rupees, change favoured suit to economic.
Use free move action on Minaret of Jam - move spy from Bukharan Jews to Minaret of Jam, and pay @Cokho one rupee for the privilege.
Purchase Paolo Avitabile - place a rupee on Kandahari Markets, Karakul Sheep, and Wheat Fields.

@chrislear, what would you say if, during my turn I played the kossack card, without ressorting to bribery? Not only would it put friendly Russian armies on your territory, it would also be the first deal in what I hope is a long lasting alliance. You have seen that I moved my spy as a sign of good faith on my previous turn

Good faith noted. Your Cossacks are welcome to visit my tribes in Transcaspia bribe-free. I have a good feeling about this Russian coalition, and we could do with some army support. The only thing that might put a fly in the ointment would be a spy appearing in Madali Khan’s personal space, but I’m confident that won’t happen.

However, I’m worried that some of @whistle_pig’s turn is not legit, and fixing it might change things. Playing Bukharan Jews (for which I would like the bribe, I’m afraid [edit - no bribe due, because of the charismatic courtiers]) requires the spy to be put into the Transcaspia region, so (if I’ve read the rules correctly) it can’t go on Minaret of Jam, but rather on one of the three Transcaspia cards. None of those have foreign spies on them, so I don’t think the battle action can be used, though the move could be, or the tax. But this sort of stuff is @Benkyo’s territory, really.

Tan (Chris)
013t
Build actions by Tan place twice as many blocks.

Blue (whistle_pig)
014b

Grey (Cokho)
011g

Red (Adam)
012r

@Cokho is up.

Buy and play kossack on the right, without paying bribe as arranged, placing two rupees on the previous card. Place spy on Kossack
Use free battle action on kossack to remove spy on Minaret of Jam.