Home Videos Games Podcastle

PBF Pax Pamir 2nd ed. game 3

This thread is for the game itself. Please direct any rule questions and the like to the companion thread over here.

That said, negotiation is explicitly an important part of the game, so all in-game negotiation does belong in this thread.

When posting a turn, please bold your actions, for example:

Purchase Prince Akbar Khan
Play Prince Akbar Khan to the left

… and any cards you need to discard. Unless you specify otherwise, after a turn is posted I will finish cleanup, post a new game state, and the next player can take their turn (for example “I will then use Madali Khan to betray Mir Murad Beg, unless Player 1 agrees not to tax me next turn” would delay the cleanup until negotiation is resolved - but remember, all deals are non-binding).

Feel free to take consecutive turns without a new screenshot, particularly when no card is purchased.

Player order for choosing loyalty is Blue > Grey > Red > Tan, and the actual first player to take a turn will be Tan.

Please assume that you must pay bribes in full to complete your actions. You can of course request that a bribe be waived as part of your turn if you think there is a good reason to, and a good chance that it will be.

The start of the game looks like this:

@whistle_pig, you are up!

2 Likes

Declare Afghan loyalty

Declare Russia loyalty

Declare Afghan loyalty

Declare Russian loyalty

Now I think it’s my go

Purchase Madali Khan putting rupees on Prince Akbar Khan, Sikh Merchants in Lahore and Henry Pottinger

Play Madali Khan, putting two tribes in Transcaspia.

@whistle_pig is up.

While we wait for whistle_pig, I just want to give a heads up that it might take me longer to reply for my turns starting from tomorrow through Sunday since I will be busy at SHUX.

1 Like

Apologies for the delay - I wasn’t very well yesterday :face_with_thermometer:

Purchase Minaret of Jam
Purchase Barakzai Sadars: place rupees on Prince Akbar Khan, Aga Mehdi, and Shah’s Guard

@Cokho is up.

Purchase Aga mehdi
Play Aga Mehdi, paying one bribe to Chris, and put one spy on Madali Khan.

@apm is up.

Purchase Prince Akbar Khan
Purchase Shah’s Guard

Purchase Sikh Merchants in Lahore (gaining 1 rupee), then purchase Fruit Markets. Much as I’d love to use my bonus actions, I don’t think there’s anything I can do with them.

I’d like to suggest to @Cokho that the Russian coalition would be well served by keeping some presence in Transcaspia, and that his spy is welcome to stay on this basis. Choosing to betray Madali Khan might sour the existing Russian-alliance goodwill which I feel is developing (on which subject, if you need bribes waived, I’m listening). If the Afghans rebuke me out of Transcaspia, so be it.

Tan
005t
Blue
005b
Grey hand empty

Red
005r

@whistle_pig is up.

Play Barakzai Sadars - place one tribe in Kandahar, leverage for two rupees, and change favoured suit to economic
Play Minaret of Jam - place an Afghan road between Herat and Kandahar, place an Afghan army in Herat
Use the tax action on Minaret of Jam as a free action - take one rupee from Henry Pottinger

Tan
005t
Blue hand empty

Grey hand empty

Red
005r

@Cohko is up.

Purchase and play Ranjit Singh Paying two rupees, I put two tribesand a Russian army in Punjab.

Chris, your proposal is duly noted, I’m holding off on betrayal, as I have no quarrel with you, and I see we are working toward a common goal.

To keep things moving, here’s the game state assuming Cohko plays right. I trust no-one will be concerned if Cokho declares play left after this is posted.

Tan
005t
Blue hand empty
Blue does not have to pay bribes when playing cards.

Grey hand empty
Grey does not have to pay bribes when spies hold Grey’s actions hostage.

Red
005r

@apm is up.

(My bad, I play it right as is shown)