Home Videos Games Podcastle

[PBF] Luxor - Forgotten Treasures

I ruin the streak (I’m a horrible person). I use my right-side card (move 3, claim for -1), to swipe that beautiful looking statue!

Score update
Murr - 26
Hraf - 39
Minute - 14

Minute

3Minutehand
Statue - 1, Vase - 3, Necklace - 0, Wild - 3, Keys - 10 (wow), Scarabs - 6 pts

Murr

1Murrhand
Statue - 0, Vase - 2, Necklace - 5, Wild - 6, Keys - 0, Scarabs - 2 pts, Sarcophagus - 5 pts

Hraf

2Hrafhand
Statue - 5, Vase - 3, Necklace - 3, Wild - 3, Keys - 4, Scarabs - 5 pts

@MinuteWalt, it’s your 5! Uh, I mean, turn

I play my right 2 card to move my #1 ahead. I have a plan, but I do think my plan is bad.

I’m going to play my left side card (3) and move my #5 explorer to the 2/3 eye spot. @JDPftw I need an update on what cards are actually available, since I believe some have been taken since they were last posted, then it’s your move…

whoops, forgot to post the update when Minute took his

Looks like @MinuteWalt has to pick a Horus card first (level 2 or level 3)

Dangit, I keep losing track of this game (sorry, kids, I have a lot of other things going on, I’m trying to do my best, and I apologize when I lose the thread of the game).

I’d appreciate a PM from @JDPftw as to what my options are (I’m pretty sure I know what I want, but I could use some reassurance).

@MinuteWalt Look above a couple of posts, your choices are the 1-5 or the move your last explorer to your next to last explorer

That’s what I want, then. Again, I’m sorry, I have a lot of plates spinning, both here and IRL. (Things get weird, I’m trying to be a good player, a good mod, and a good dad.)

As soon as I know what the next card is, I’ll make my choice.

@Murr

I’ll take the Move 2, Claim for -1 card from stack 3

Dammed you @Murr!

(Just kidding, I couldn’t help myself :grin:)

I use my left side card to move 1 space.

Minute

3Minutehand
Statue - 1, Vase - 3, Necklace - 0, Wild - 3, Keys - 10, Scarabs - 6 pts

Murr

1Murrhand
Statue - 0, Vase - 2, Necklace - 5, Wild - 6, Keys - 0, Scarabs - 2 pts, Sarcophagus - 5 pts

Hraf

2Hrafhand
Statue - 5, Vase - 3, Necklace - 3, Wild - 3, Keys - 4, Scarabs - 5 pts

@MinuteWalt

(an aside, just got my physical copy of Luxor yesterday)

Isn’t @HrafnkelRedBeard’s turn by now? It’s been 18 days.

(That’s awesome! Hope you enjoy trying it with your family)
Jokes aside, it’s your turn, Minute :slight_smile:

OK, OK, fine! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m playing my right Move All +2. It has an eyeball-y thing on it.

Another aside:

I really need to re-read these rules with my son and play this on the table, he’s better at these than I am, I tend to be into more abstract-geometric strategy, bluffing/bidding, and RPGs.

I also I need to get a bunch of plastic bags to sort the bits out, this thing has a lot of punch-out bits! (Which are all good, the cards and meeples are too. I think I’ll replace the die, tbh, but it works. It’s all generally quite well made. And, as odd as this sounds, while I really like the art on all of the components, I’m especially fond of the art on the back of the game board, not all game makers take that extra bit of effort).

RIGHT, THE BACK LOOKS REALLY COOL. I LOVE THE QUALITY AND FEEL TOO!

It makes the tactile gamer in me all excited

OMG @JDPftw THERE’S NO NEED TO YELL! :rofl:

But yeah, it’s quite lovely. I love bits! (Don’t get me started on the excellent minis with the D&D board games, or actually any other bits in games, we’d have to take that discussion to a whole different topic. We may even have to make a new topic for that EDIT: never mind, there is one! Sort of, it’s about single things we love. I keep forgetting how big this place has become).

EXTRA EDIT: OK, I made a general thread about game tactility and asthetics and won’t derail this one any more.

I love the new thread xD

In terms of the card you played @MinuteWalt , all your pieces move 2 spaces, but then you have to choose which adventurer’s action you want to trigger. Does that make sense? Here’s where all your guys move to:

Looks like most of your guys landed on the Lvl 3 Horus/key. Your options are:

1. Grab a key
  2. Grab the Lvl 3 Horus card
  3. Your #5 adventurer uses the secret passage to move further into the tomb
  4. Do nothing

While @MinuteWalt decides, I’m going to play my right side +/-1 card and move 1 space forward with my #4 explorer to claim a key.

@JDPftw it’s your turn!