Home Videos Games Podcastle

[PBF] Luxor - Forgotten Treasures

I am using my PS4 to play video games, I am so sorry.

I also believe @Murr will whomp us. (“whomp” being a technical term, related to “losing.”)

Hraf uses his move an adventurer 3 spaces and claim for 1 guy less. His #4 runs and claims that vase.

It’s a maybe not so secret pathway (we’ve already found 3, like come on).
Score update
Murr - 23
Hraf - 33
Minute - 14

Murr

1Murrhand
Statue - 0, Vase - 1, Necklace - 5, Wild - 4, Keys - 0, Scarabs - 2 pts, Sarcophagus - 5 pts

Hraf

2Hrafhand
Statue - 4, Vase - 3, Necklace - 3, Wild - 2, Keys - 4, Scarabs - 5 pts

Have to admit, Hraf is in a good spot as well! I’m quite looking forward to this ending :slight_smile:
@MinuteWalt it’s on to you!

I use my right 4 to launch my #4 ahead!

I’m playing my right side card (Move 1 with discount), moving my #2 explorer 1 space to claim the Vase at a discount.

@HrafnkelRedBeard / @JDPftw you’re up!

Sorry about the wait, folks.

Murr discovered a Wild card space.
Hraf uses his right-side card (1) to claim a wild for himself.

Score update
Murr - 26
Hraf - 33
Minute - 14

Minute

Something to keep in mind, it’s looking like Murr is trying to claim the last sarcophagus. When both are taken, the game ends. So you want to position yourself on spaces that will give you points. Do you see the gold scarabs on the outside of the board? That shows how many points you’ll get for having an adventurer on that spot at the end of the game. There are quite a few that give you 0 points, so watch out!
3Minutehand
Statue - 1, Vase - 3, Necklace - 0, Wild - 3, Keys - 9, Scarabs - 6 pts

Murr

1Murrhand
Statue - 0, Vase - 2, Necklace - 5, Wild - 4, Keys - 0, Scarabs - 2 pts, Sarcophagus - 5 pts

Hraf

2Hrafhand
Statue - 4, Vase - 3, Necklace - 3, Wild - 3, Keys - 4, Scarabs - 5 pts

Back to you @MinuteWalt

I have to be honest, here. I’ve been grouping all my meeps together (mostly) and it hasn’t been working that great. Does anyone have any advice? My #5 is so lonely, and I know I’ve been missing opportunities.

I’d appreciate a little table talk now we’re getting closer to the end. (We lost a player, maybe probably, but I’m not giving up even if I’ve been the most incompetent one).

@MinuteWalt you’re actually doing well, I’d recommend trying to grab the move all off the 3 eye stack before I do :slight_smile: Then use it to grab a tile.

I will expend my right 5 card to get my little #3 ahead 5 spaces.

(One of my favorite bits about this game is the whole “your new card is in the middle.” In a lot of games, it’s like the game just mercilessly shames you with an RNG. This mercilessly shames you with an RNG you have had agency with).

d6: 3

I am going to play my right side card (die roll) moving my #3 explorer 3 spaces to the 3 arrow to jump 3 more spaces joining the 3 other people there, and claim a wild tile at the disco party. Three!

@MinuteWalt You need to claim a card, either the 1-3 off the 1 eye stack or the Move all Adventurers 2 from the 3 eye stack.

Hey all!

Sorry for the disappearance act. I’ve been dealing with some mental health issues in a fairly major way. The good news is that I’ve started getting the help I need and feeling better about each day. This site was always a bright spot in my day.

That said, I think I may not be able to continue with this game but will still observe from afar.

Thank you again and apologies for leaving you in the lurch.

I claim that, sorry, I should have seen that.

We’ve kept your seat warm for you! You’re a cool person and we were expecting you back whenever you could make it. (The thing with PBF games, real life interferes. We all get that! @JDPftw has been running it like a champ to coordinate your temporary loss, but we’re all glad you’re back.)

It’s all good Hraf! I figured you might be going through some stuff. It’s good to hear that things are looking up a bit :smiley: Hopefully you’re up for watching the finale of this game!

(For simplicity, I’ll use “I” from now on, but of course Hraf just post if you’re feeling up for continuing)
I use my right hand card (4) to move my #1. He starts digging; I wonder if he’ll find something?

Minute

3Minutehand
Statue - 1, Vase - 3, Necklace - 0, Wild - 3, Keys - 9, Scarabs - 6 pts

Murr

1Murrhand
Statue - 0, Vase - 2, Necklace - 5, Wild - 5, Keys - 0, Scarabs - 2 pts, Sarcophagus - 5 pts

Hraf

2Hrafhand
Statue - 4, Vase - 3, Necklace - 3, Wild - 3, Keys - 4, Scarabs - 5 pts

@MinuteWalt, I love that part too. I really think this is a cool game :slight_smile:

Yeah! For an RNG (I guess you could call it a “roll-and-move”, even though its cards and only sometimes dice?) by having only those two options, with what you have in the middle of your hand, it shakes up the way you play roll-and-move games that are based on a track.

(Honestly, the loot and stuff around the board aren’t as interesting to me as that simple mechanic. Because that’s kind of brilliant. I like it all, I’m gonna have to buy it, but that single mechanic is what sold me).

I believe it’s @MinuteWalt 's turn now? I couldn’t find a move after @JDPftw 's move in the update post. Let me know if you’re waiting on me to move :slight_smile:

Yup, it’s Minute’s turn. He just got lost in the greatness of Luxor

I’m going to have to play the “5 Game!” That’s not really a thing, I just said that because I want to move my #5 ahead 5 spaces with my right 5 card of my hand of 5 cards.

(I also wrote that number 5 times…oh hell, I just ruined it)

@MinuteWalt Then you need to select do you want a key or card from the stack?

Inpsired by @MinuteWalt , I’m going to play my right side card (1-5) moving my #5 explorer 5 spaces to the Party and claim another Wild tile.

@JDPftw it’s your turn!

I’m going to keep going for keys for the theme of whatever’s going on in my head. I know that’s irritating to more serious, strategic gamers, but I really need this narrative to keep me in the game.