Home Videos Games Podcastle

[PBF] Flamme Rouge - Tour de Poire - Qualifier (La Classicissima)

Introduction
The inaugural Tour de Poire is finally starting and cyclists and fans are eagerly waiting. The event starts with ‘La Classicissima’ a stage featuring the gruelling Passo del Turchino climb:

Competitors
The teams are as follows:

Rules
The Flamme Rouge boardgame rules can be found here. We will be playing the base game for this initial stage. Subsequent games may include the Grand Tour and Peloton expansions.

As per the Flamme Rouge boardgame, you play your turn as normal but there are some additional rules:

1. Please only look at one of your riders at a time. Choose a card and then look at your remaining rider.
  2. Please don’t look into the other players spoiler tags, at least not until the game is over.
  3. Post all rider movements using the [detail] tag, preferably in the format, r4 s5 or s5 r4.
  4. No editing your move once it’s been made. (If you really cock something up, let me know.)
  5. No sugar!

Important
If you notice anything weird in your hand or deck (energy, recycle & discard piles), let me know so I can look into it. This is essentially an alpha test so I’m sitting out to make sure the wheels don’t fall off (ahem), but in future I may join in!

Additionally, while the code manages the decks, I’ll be managing the Flamme Rouge rules and moving players, so if I mess up please shout!

For those that are interested, the code that looks after the decks is here.

The ‘information-game’ differs a little from standard Flamme Rouge in that normally you’d have to remember what cards other riders have been playing but in PBF that information is accessible in previous forum posts. So that everyone has access to the same information I’ll be displaying every rider’s remaining cards at the end of each movement phase. I don’t know how much people will use it, but it’s there if people want to be really ‘mathsy’.

Thanks
Many thanks to grautur over on the BGG Forums. Writing my code was a lot easier after following some of the games he’s run over there. He also kindly provided me with his track & cyclist art.

With all that said it’s time to place your bets and find a spot on the track to follow the action, the riders will be lining up any moment now!

6 Likes

Turn 0 - Set up

Here’s the starting tile:

The marshalls have decided that the placement order will be:

1. Red Team
  2. Black Team
  3. Blue Team
  4. Green Team

So @IsAnythingReal, when you’re ready, choose your rider positions.

4 Likes

Rouler in 3, Sprinter in 6

1 Like

I guess I can continue.?
Rouleur in 4, Sprinteur in 2.

2 Likes

Rouler 1 sprinter 5

1 Like

Will be watching this closely. Good luck, riders!

2 Likes

Rouler 7
Sprintuer 8

1 Like

And with that the riders are ready to depart!

I’ll get the first Energy Phase posted at about 8pm (GMT) this evening! From this point onwards turns are taken in parallel (so post whenever you’ve made your choice) but remember all cards should be played in secret using the [details] tag! Check the Rules section if you’re unsure.

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Summary

Ah, better to use the button for dummies like me

1 Like
Spoiler

Green Wins

How?!

Summary

Press on the gear symbol to open options (right next to the Smiley), then select Hide Details.

2 Likes

Turn 1 - Energy Phase

Blue (@RossM)

Rouleur:

Hand: 4,4,5,7 - Energy: 3,3,3,4,5,5,6,6,6,7,7 - Recycle:

Sprinteur:

Hand: 2,5,5,9 - Energy: 2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4,5,9,9 - Recycle:

Green (@HrafnkelRedBeard)

Rouleur:

Hand: 3,4,5,5 - Energy: 3,3,4,4,5,6,6,6,7,7,7 - Recycle:

Sprinteur:

Hand: 4,4,5,9 - Energy: 2,2,2,3,3,3,4,5,5,9,9 - Recycle:

Red (@IsAnythingReal)

Rouleur:

Hand: 4,6,6,7 - Energy: 3,3,3,4,4,5,5,5,6,7,7 - Recycle:

Sprinteur:

Hand: 2,3,4,4 - Energy: 2,2,3,3,4,5,5,5,9,9,9 - Recycle:

Black (@webs)

Rouleur:

Hand: 4,4,6,7 - Energy: 3,3,3,4,5,5,5,6,6,7,7 - Recycle:

Sprinteur:

Hand: 3,4,4,9 - Energy: 2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5,5,9,9 - Recycle:

Post your movement in the following manner depending on which rider you choose first:

[details="Movement"]
r4 s6
[/details]

or

[details="Movement"]
s3 r5
[/details]
Summary
Movement

r4 s5

1 Like
Movement

R5 S4

1 Like
Movement

s4 r6

1 Like

Thanks

Movement

R4 S4

2 Likes

Turn 1 - Movement Phase
Numbers in brackets are how many spaces the cyclist actually moved (if blocked or because of ascents/descents)

Blue (@RossM)
Rouleur:
Card Played: 4 - Deck: 3,3,3,4,4,5,5,5,6,6,6,7,7,7
Sprinteur:
Card Played: 5 - Deck: 2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4,5,5,9,9,9

Green (@HrafnkelRedBeard)
Rouleur:
Card Played: 5 - Deck: 3,3,3,4,4,4,5,5,6,6,6,7,7,7
Sprinteur:
Card Played: 4 - Deck: 2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,5,5,9,9,9

Black (@webs)
Rouleur: