Home Videos Games Podcastle

[PBF] [Discussion thread] Root RPG One Shot?

Hey ! I skimmed through the Quick start for the Root RPG, and it looks really fun, but I would like to try it out to make my mind, and I thought I may not be the only one feeling this way ?
Would anyone want to play/DM this here ? I think we should aim for a short game, so we can feel the system a bit !

Here’s the link for the quickstart

1 Like

Very tempted…

1 Like

I’d be interested. Curious about the system.

1 Like

If you know any Powered by the apocalypse (Dungeon World, Apocalypse World…) it should be familiar! If not it is a very simple system!

OH GOD PLEASE YES
haha. I would flipping love to play if there is still space :open_mouth:

1 Like

For now there are four of us! Does anybody feel like DMing? I could try it if no one else wants to, but I’m happy as a player!

1 Like

i’d rather be a player this time around
:slight_smile:

Unless @Scribbs or @kzz want to DM, I’m going to try it. Would you all be up to play ? As I said, I think we should go for a short adventure, just to feel the system out !

I’d rather play than DM if that’s okay?

1 Like

I would also rather play if it’s okay.

I’ll look into it a bit more then, maybe we can start next week or so; I’ll keep you posted! I just hope you will be tolerant of more than a few error (in grammar or style!) :grin:

1 Like

It certainly looks quite a fun setting. But I’m part of three RPGs now (as well as one I run “in real life”) so maybe wouldn’t be a good idea to join another!

1 Like

a week sounds good.
I would like to immediately lay claim to this character, please and thanks:

2 Likes

Please count me in! I’d love to play and decide if I’ll back the Kickstarter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please join in ! You are most welcome.
What I will say is I would love if every player could read, or at least skim through, the quickstart. And it is top notch if you could pick a playbook and post a bit about your character here ! It is that much less to do when we get to playing.
I also think that we could be, if you are alright with the idea, discussing character creation here so we can have some link between all of you.

1 Like

Question though, are you the same person who created the event on RPGG?
Just so I know if it’s the same Friday 1pm event :slight_smile:
I’ll read through the rules today thanks a lot :slight_smile:

No it is not me ! I’m not going to SHUX :sob:. This is for a Play by Forum game, not an actual meetup.

I am tempted by the Thief Playbook. Any objections?

1 Like

Well, its not the Scoundrel so I have no objections haha :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My character is an androgynous, scarred, chinchilla who does, in fact, wear a full pumpkin face mask. They’re shifty but straightforward. They came from the forest from a place far from here, after being exiled for causing too much havoc. They left behind the only person who ever understood or stood up for them, and have never served any of the factions specifically, though, they are notorious with all three. No one has ever gotten a name from our very soft friend, but they have taken to calling them “O’lantern”.

Thank you.

3 Likes