Pamplemousse: an Appreciation of Juicy Words

Good, that one was older than my grandma, you’re getting better:

olviation
palluminious
blonk
lousious
alowate
kelvo

I’m good! I’m cured. No more Justin-nuendos!

I think you still need to work on it a bit.

@COMaestro try this:

gillysminnypinch
welvompulous
doid
maximeroll
clombant
loncksious

Ooops, I just saw I misspelled that. It’s “wontnovarris.” Pardon me, please, for the error.

Okay, I’m definitely better now.

@penguin_lx @COMaestro @MinuteWalt

look what you flimsy ferrets made me buy at the fabric store…

I don’t have any use for this fabric whatsoever, but it made me smile in the store and think of you guys, so I had to buy it.

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I had no responsibility for this purchase whatsoever…

I will take full responsibility for what these dorks made you do.

Sure, but a print like that is just crying out to be something. Anything!

Why, yes, I do let my 3 year old daughter choose fabrics for my shirts and underwear. Why do you ask?

Oh, and to add a few words:

grumma
sgombair
bungel
wonty-tump
foggagey
scraunching
zwer
didder
quacky
slamp

Sommelier

Oh, damn. Just came across a lovely word I haven’t seen for a decade and a half:

riggwelter

I hate being a bit of a retarded Francophile. Many semesters, I can hardly speak a word.
Kind of like my Germanic, which is the origin of this word, I assume?

English is a mess.

Then again, WINE. “Sommelier! Attendez vous!”

EDIT: I meant to put my “Germanic” comment below “riggwelter,” in case it was confusing to anyone.

And now you’ve infected others with it, like a zombie infection vector. Curse you! (flamingo!)

I think we got it out of our system. Let me know if you have any lingering symptoms.

OK, all, I just realized lingering symptoms is juicy, but not in the way you want it to be.

Lingering,” it’s like you can’t get it out of your throat, the consonants are so squishy except for the "g"s, which aren’t hard enough to get it out all the way. Contrasted by "symptoms," a two part staccato, that’s practically an effort to not spit it out of your mouth, an expectoration built, dammed by the “P”, and then released by the “T” exhaling the rest through the lips.

Remember, “PT” also spells “ptptptptptpttppttppppppt!” Which is outrageously fun to say!

That cartoonist has excellent penmanship.

Or penwomanship. Penpersonship.

EDIT: Is that just you, @nurdacil? Because it’s lovely. If it’s not you, just lie and take the credit.

'Cause there’s a discussion of “Lovecraftian” going on elsewhere, and it’s now in my head, I have to drop a delightful clunker of a word here: phildickian. Ugh.