Home Videos Games Podcastle

"Oy!" "Wut?" Just chat

I don’t think they’ve even fallen in a canal in ages.

I just told my 8 year old and his best friend, who are currently swimming in the pool, before my mom came out to watch them (I’m technically working right now, and was/am slacking off):

“Remember the buddy system! And neither of you should be in the pool without an adult present!”

His friend, who is on “the spectrum” of autistic (and a cool, if hard to manage, kid) asked me, "Do you count as an adult?"

I thought that was a fair question.

Just ignore me.

Holy shit. Can I cuss? Okay. So I’m a lawyer and I’ve got a baby and a wife who is a nurse. I feel like I’m in charge of everything and it’s killing me. I’m going to drown in paying various debts and there is always something new coming. I’m exhausted, and I don’t have enough time to put out the fires. If I take a day off, I can’t have a day off to myself because there’s always someone in my house. I need some peace and quiet.

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. I can definitely sympathize. Best of luck to you.

Yup it’s like that when you start a family. It does get better, but it takes time. Be aware of your health - physical and mental. Talk to your wife, who will be suffering as well.

It will be alright in the end, and if it isn’t alright? - it isn’t the end.

I think you should check out this thread, @optimuspyro.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I appreciate you giving me a moment to vent.

I def understand the need of a day off and wanting alone.
More then once (but rare) have sent hubby n my brother (who lives with us) to a later evening movie. (Evil, but that way he can help put the kids to bed)
Then a few hours of precious me time. I make a meal only for me that is still warm when I eat it, and watch something I want.

It does feel like when stressed, people push for you to get out. But really just need to recharge.

Comic book cover: Batman White Knight
This image arrived in my inbox as an ad. I was thinking it was a unique way to show the Joker’s obsession. My co-worker has an extensive Batman merchandise collection so I was about to tease him with it. Then I noticed a detail in the bottom left: a long flat box on a non-Kallax shelf.