Home Videos Games Podcastle

"Oy!" "Wut?" Just chat

Just general discussion and chit-chat. No topic.

For instance,
Me: "Hello. How are you doing? Nice weather, shame about all the cats."
You: "?"
Me: "Cats. You know, in the atmosphere…"
You: "???!?"

Since this is supposed to be casual, refraining from the following three and one-half subjects would be appreciated:

1. Religion
  2. Politics
  3. Sports
    0.5) Work (but that mostly applies to people who work together)

Those topics spin almost any conversation into an endlessly recursive monoculture of debate. There are others, true, (I’m looking at you, grammar!) but you get the idea.

Keep it casual, kids! Random is a pretty good idea, too.

I just “liked” all the posts in the “Introduction Thread” topic, because once I realized I was only “liking” all the people I already liked, that was a crappy way to welcome people who were introducing themselves :confused:

Anyone have something they felt was a personal faux pas that may not have been noticed?

I rode 100 miles on a scooter in the rain 2 weeks ago, just to play a game.

Anyone else do something uncomfortable for something fun?

Just trying to get the ball rolling here. This topic is for the Stream of Consciousness conversations that happen in a crowd, vs. Train of Thought conversations for more focused topics.

Naturally, the Rules Still Apply Here.

100 rain soaked miles! That is some dedicated gaming. What was the game?

Ingress. It’s the only game outside of Geocaching that gets me sum exercize.

A woman, possibly, may have influenced me… and also a poetry jam.

Yeah, I know it looks bad.

I could not have been wetter if I had jumped into a swimming pool.

I’ve found myself in a series profound quandaries re: whether I liked, agreed, or laughed at a given post more. ACCURACY IS IMPORTANT DAMMIT.

What’s ingress? I’m not familiar.

Also Poetry Slams (as we call them here, at least) are awesome. One of my best friends was on a team that did very well at a national competition back here in the states. Most of his stuff is chilling as heck, but in a good way.

I agree with your point, Rodafowa, but also liked your delivery. Conundrum.

I’m supposed to be working, but am very tired from staying up late and playing Endless Legend. That game is so good. Every little thing has some excellent artwork and well-written flavour text attached.

Did anyone catch the Criminal Runner on Doctor Who last Saturday? That was surreal.

What's ingress? I'm not familiar.

I think this: https://ingress.com/

I was with some colleagues this year who were playing it. It involved going to landmarks around the city and attacking them with your phone, for your team. I know no more.

Did anyone catch the Criminal Runner on Doctor Who last Saturday? That was surreal.

As a huge Doctor Who fan:

I watched the last episode, but I’m not sure which Criminal Runner you are referring to :blush:

I don’t know about you, but I like a few cats in the atmosphere now and then. New question: how do you force yourself to start your week when the games news hasn’t been posted yet? I can’t possibly work while continually refreshing the page. (I am going to try though.)

In the vein of random chit chat: This weekend I am going back to my old New England boarding school for the annual alumni weekend. I graduated in 1989 which makes this my 25th reunion. I feel old and decrepit. :\

In the vein of random chit chat: This weekend I am going back to my old New England boarding school for the annual alumni weekend. I graduated in 1989 which makes this my 25th reunion. I feel old and decrepit. :\\

Wow, that is old (insert safety wink here).

My secondary school class tried to organise a reunion, but only three or four people were interested. I suppose as everyone’s on the Book of Faces now, there’s no need for face-to-face interaction anymore. Which makes me a little bit sad.

'Course, could just be that we’re all a bunch of apathetic anti-socials. Which (when I come to think about it) is probably far more likely.

In the vein of random chit chat: This weekend I am going back to my old New England boarding school for the annual alumni weekend. I graduated in 1989 which makes this my 25th reunion. I feel old and decrepit. :\\

My secondary school class tried to organise a reunion, but only three or four people were interested. I suppose as everyone’s on the Book of Faces now, there’s no need for face-to-face interaction anymore. Which makes me a little bit sad.

'Course, could just be that we’re all a bunch of apathetic anti-socials. Which (when I come to think about it) is probably far more likely.

Ha ha! “Wow, that is old”! Ha! Nice! With the wink… :\ But seriously, FacePage probably is denting the old school reunion market a bit. My school only had 100 students across four grades (my graduating class was only 21 people) so it’s just branded as a generic “Alumni Weekend” with the milestone years (10th, 20th, 25th, etc.) called out for special attention. I’m actually looking forward to it, I get to relive my Dead Poet Society days. :slight_smile:

That sounds pretty good, actually. Of course you will be bringing board games?

Ha ha! “Wow, that is old”! Ha! Nice! With the wink… :\ But seriously, FacePage probably is denting the old school reunion market a bit. My school only had 100 students across four grades (my graduating class was only 21 people) so it’s just branded as a generic “Alumni Weekend” with the milestone years (10th, 20th, 25th, etc.) called out for special attention. I’m actually looking forward to it, I get to relive my Dead Poet Society days. :slight_smile:

Yeah sorry :smiley: I work with a lot of younglings all day, so to be able to call someone old is a rare pleasure!

On the subject of faces (tenuous), the company I work for used to publish a book call ‘Flaps of the Face’. How many can there be?

Yeah sorry :smiley: I work with a lot of younglings all day, so to be able to call someone old is a rare pleasure!

On the subject of faces (tenuous), the company I work for used to publish a book call ‘Flaps of the Face’. How many can there be?

I was just pulling your leg with the “old” thing, but Flaps of the Face? That sounds unnerving yet fascinating. What in heaven’s name was it about?

I was just pulling your leg with the “old” thing, but Flaps of the Face? That sounds unnerving yet fascinating. What in heaven’s name was it about?

Well, I googled the phrase. Do not look at the image results.

I still have no idea.