Home Videos Games Podcastle

Neon Black - Play a Short Cyberpunk RPG at SHUX

I will be running ~2 hour sessions of my cyberpunk RPG, Neon Black, at SHUX 2019. I ran short one-shot sessions last year at SHUX and it was a huge hit. Now Neon Black is in early access and I’m pleased to bring it back for more play testing and cool cyberpunk crimes.

Neon Black is a game powered by Blades in the Dark about a crew of cyberpunk freelancers trying to find jobs and pay the bills in a corporate dystopia. There are dangerous heists, high-octane chase scenes, artificial realities, friendly and nefarious machines, and high-tech/low life adventures in a corporate city state. We play to find out if the players can thrive amidst the teeming threats of warring corporations, alien artificial intelligences, an unforgiving climate, and the indifference of the extravagantly wealthy.

Read more about Neon Black here.

Time: Roughly 2 hours
Players: 4 (could do 5 if we need to)
Experience Levels: All experience levels wanted. Those new to tabletop RPGs or the Blades in the Dark system are strongly encouraged!
Location: RPG Roost - Table 10 (look for the “NEON BLACK” sign)

If you’re interested in playing please reply below with the time slot you’d like:

Friday Oct 4th
11:00am - 1:00pm

• Katre
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!

2:00pm - 4:00pm

• Dave
  • Mark
  • James
  • Kurtis

5:00pm - 7:00pm

• Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!

8:00pm - 10:00pm

• Jareth
  • Mike
  • Joanofdark
  • Freelancers wanted!

Saturday Oct 5th
10:00am - 12:00pm

• Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!

1:00pm - 3:00pm

• Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!

4:00pm - 6:00pm

• Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!

7:00pm - 9:00pm

• Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!

10:00pm - 12:00am

• Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!

Sunday Oct 6th
8:00am - 10:00am

• Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!

11:00am - 1:00pm

• Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!
  • Freelancers wanted!

I’ll try to post this on the RPG geek section for SHUX, but that site doesn’t really play well with indie games that are not released yet.

This sounds interesting. Trying to nail down if there’s three of us coming, or just two. Hopefully there’s still spots open when I know for sure.

1 Like

I totally want to play this! I’ll sign up for a spot as soon as the volunteer schedule is released and I know when I’ll be free.

1 Like

Would you be able to put myself (Dave) and two others down (Mark & James) for Friday in the 2pm slot? I might be able to get a 4th but not sure yet…

1 Like

Done!

1 Like

I found a fourth for our session if you could add Kurtis to the 2pm. session on Friday that would be great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added. Looking forward to seeing you all!

I’m interested, need to figure out my schedule but will get back to you!

1 Like

I’d love to play but don’t know my schedule yet.

1 Like

Chiming in for the classic rule of three. Very interested. Will need to see how the ooooool’ schedule’s looking.

Also, I was looking to run my own one-shot. Do you have pre-built characters, or do you have everyone build their own real quick?

1 Like

I provide characters that are pre-built, except for personal details like name, look, background, and contacts. Players can fill those out so they can customize as they like.

2 Likes

OK, go ahead and mark me down for two spots, Friday at 8 - 10 p.m. It’ll be Jareth and me, Mike.

Added!

Schedule is now firming up, I’ll take the Friday morning session

1 Like

Done!

I’ll join the Friday 8pm crew!

2 Likes

Added!

1 Like

Had a great time playing this today. Looking forward to it’s continued development.

1 Like

Thank you all so much for playing my game! I had a great time with everyone and couldn’t believe that each one of my sessions was full! You all made this SHUX a stand-out hit for me.

1 Like