Home Videos Games Podcastle

Let's Play Leaving Earth

3 on life support, 3 on Ion thrusters and 2 on landing

$6 seems like a fair share of two Soyuz (and coincidentally it’s what I need to add to my $4 to achieve something else this year).

I’m ok, but will pass on both offers. Continue with whatever you’re doing.

Will can you give me a card update?

2 cards on landing, 2 on juno

OK, I’ll waste the $4; nothing more from me till end of year life support testing. I’m hoping for one success and one failure…

Bleak. I hope you name the life support system after the person who dies testing it.

Edit: I’m a fool. You’ve got two life support systems and time enough to swap between them. Unlike when landing or re-entering.

Yup.

With astronaut in capsule A, test life support. If successful, eat supplies and test capsule B’s support without anyone on board. If not, move astronaut to capsule B and test life support. If successful, eat supplies. If not, bring the assemblage home on remote and have a hero’s funeral.

How can you test life support with no life aboard? Space is weird.

Capsule A was a Failure, however Capsule B was a Success. I’ve paid the $15 and those results have been removed, leaving just one more on Life support

So I have $5 left?

Perfect!

$10 by my count, but let’s pretend I waited for those capsule results until the end of the year :wink:

Really? Let’s invest in Saturn Rockets!

Done, Saturn opened

Last year NASA finally managed to launch a Centaur Rocket.

CNES to go first

OKB-1 plan for the year

Assuming no money bonuses…

• Buy a Soyuz $8M
  • Put a Supply on it and fire to Earth Orbit in a single stage
  • Dock the Supply to the pair of Vostoks
  • Buy Atlas Rockets advancement $10M
  • Waste $2M on vodka and Black Sea caviar. Or lend it to CNES.
  • End of year, remove last Life Support card max $5M

Let’s build a Saturn, load 4 Juno’s and a probe on it and fling it into Earths orbit?

(Have I got max payload correct?)

Yes, you can SSTO 5 payload on a Saturn.

That said, I’ll be happy to load a Supply aboard your untested rocket if you have the space…