Home Videos Games Podcastle

Let’s play - Leaving Earth + Outer Planets

Last year, @RogerBW chronicles his solo play through of Leaving Earth. @SleepyWill is currently setting up another version of the game with its first expansion. So please post if interested.

I’ll be playing as the French, and Will will be playing as an NPC Japan, so please come and join us, as we do our best impressions of those leaving Earth…

3 Likes

What’s an NPC Japan?

1 Like

I’m sure Will can elaborate.

Basically as GM, Will has access to information not everyone should have. (If I survey the moon, he needs to know to tell me.)

As such he’ll be playing along, but not competing for the missions we are.

(Is that right @SleepyWill?)

2 Likes

Yep, pretty much, and I’ll be pursuing my own missions that don’t add to victory and you don’t know what they are - so you never quite know what deals Japan will be interested in :wink:

1 Like

I would be happy to play if there’s space, but I’m going to be away at the Worldcon for the next week, so don’t let me slow things down.

2 Likes

I’m also on holidays from next week, so I think it will slow down anyway

2 Likes

How are you guys managing deals so it doesn’t bog down the game? And is there room for one more?

3 Likes

Always room for one more!

Trades seem to be pretty brisk, it’s normally “can I trade this tech for that tech?” Or “Who wants my left over $3, pay me back next turn?”

2 Likes

@RogerBW , @jgf1123 - what agencies did you want?

The list is:

CNES - France - Blue - @RossM
宇宙科学研究所 (ISAS) - Japan - Pink/Grey - NPC
NASA - USA - White - @jgf1123
OKБ-1 (OKB-1) - Russia - Green/Yellow - @RogerBW
級砲兵團 (SAC) - China - Red

(( The countries with two colours are because before and after my holidays, I will be using desktop simulator, but on holiday I will be using the actual physical game which has colour differences. I’ll probably try to turn Russia’s green pieces yellow to match but I seem to remember Japan is doomed to pink as grey looks too close to white in the software. If someone wants Japan, I really don’t mind changing either! ))

2 Likes

OKБ-1 will suit me well, but no strong preferences.

1 Like

I’m also rolling my dice to determine turn order d8: 1

1 Like

It seems Desktop simulator have upgraded their tint since last time I looked at it: I think this isn’t too bad to stick with the same colours, though I will miss USSR’s green!

3 Likes

Said Ross

1 Like

While I’m still grateful to the admins for setting up the add-in dice roller, I find the new discobot one less confusing when one’s reading down a thread.

@discobot roll 1d8

2 Likes

:game_die: 6

2 Likes

@discobot quote

1 Like

:left_speech_bubble: A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. — Plato

2 Likes

Literally the worst quote possible for Leaving Earth methinks.

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Hehe, I was just about to say the same!

2 Likes