Home Videos Games Podcastle

Let’s build some Pendragon characters! (And send them on adventures.)

Dylan claps Feld on the shoulder. “Alright Feld, I guess we’ll proceed with our search.”
We ready our horses and then head out. We ride the manor grounds once, starting with (the spot in area 8) across from where the horse appeared all the way over to the church and then up to the north road and along it to the west.

1 Like

For clarity

1 Like

Here’s the route we’re thinking about

1 Like

(Would it be appropriate to try to impassion my hunting roll at this point? Loyalty to Roderick or Honor? In either case, it would be Dylan feeling that Sir Idres is not being totally truthful about his reasons for keeping Rowenna at the manor, and that the match with Sir Joel could be under threat)

1 Like

Not really, but take a +5 to your hunting roll for the systematic approach.

1 Like

d20: 9 vs Hunting 11

2 Likes

There are absolutely no signs of horses moving across the field network.

The only prints you find are very old, and look like they were made by a pack horse, perhaps a shire.

As you stand in the midday sun, you can see the whole manor stretched before you…

1 Like

We will continue along the roads around the manor, checking the forests beside the roads for any obvious signs.

1 Like

Can you provide a drawing on the map please?

Also

d10: 7

1 Like

1 Like

Make an awareness roll for me please.

1 Like

d20: 10 vs Awareness 12

2 Likes

You spend the afternoon slowly trotting around the roadways with Feld. No one pays you much attention as the clear up from the earlier storm continues.

Another frustrating day, another fruitless search as you circle around the entire estate.

Just as the sun is dipping low in the sky, you enter the small copse that surrounds the Mausoleum of the Lady Bea.

image

You hear a strange crunching sound from within…

1 Like

We will investigate. Dylan will try peering in the window first with Feld covering the doorway. If Dylan can’t see anything in the window he will go to the doorway to look in.

1 Like

Peering through the archway you see the stone sarcophagus of the Lady Bea.

image

Even her carved likeness radiated intense beauty and a sense of serenity. Despite your pagan upbringing you can feel the importance of this place, and ultimately of this woman’s life.

A slightly less impressive sight is the horse standing nearby.

1 Like

Dylan will enter the Mausoleum with his hands raised, trying to calm the horse.
“Easy boy.”
He will try to take it’s reins, and pat it’s nose to calm it down.
Does it look like it was led here (like it’s been tied up in here, or there’s food left around), or does it look like it’s just wandered inside seeking shelter?

1 Like

The horse is entirely docile, it is tied to a nearby column and eating some oats out of a scarlet nose bag.

The horse, a palfrey, has golden and silver ribbons plaited into its mane.

1 Like

“Feld… it looks like someone didn’t want us to find this horse.”
Dylan ponders the best course of action. If Sir Idres is the one responsible for stashing the horse, then that feels like an unconscionable breach of hospitality.
Dylan takes a deep breath and pushes down the rage that starts to rise when he thinks about that. He must remain on his best behaviour and try to not leap to any conclusions.
Dylan and Feld ride back to the manor, leading the palfry. Upon arrival - if not accosted by anyone, Dylan will remain with the horses and send Feld in to inform Sol.
“Please ask Sol to inform Lady Rowenna that we have her horse.”

1 Like

Do you make any other preparations on your journey back?

1 Like

(I’m assuming I do not have my full armor with me, just my hunting clothes, so if that’s the case - no other preparation, other than mental).

1 Like