Home Videos Games Podcastle

Let’s build some Pendragon characters! (And send them on adventures.)

She waves a hand dismissively.

“Emotions were very high, but mainly for abandoning my father. I feared he would not survive his wounds. I made Idres swear not to tell him of my accident, or that I was here. He would have thrown his apothecaries aside and galloped over here in a moment.”

She lowers her voice.

“Sir Joel seems an excellent match. They say he is being groomed by the captain of Salisbury himself. I even heard a rumour he may be given oversight of a castle!”

She is lost in thought.

“I care little for the politics. Is he a kind man?”

1 Like

Dylan thinks for a minute, recalling his times over the past 7 years he has squired for Sir Joel.
“Sir Joel has been kind to me, since taking me on as a squire. Not to say he hasn’t been tough - there are a good many lessons one must learn as a squire that involve a bruise or two.”
Dylan chuckles softly.
“I would describe him as quiet and reserved. When he speaks, you can be sure of the wisdom of his words. Sir Hogarth indeed thinks quite highly of him and values his insight. I believe you will find him a good husband.”

2 Likes

The lady nods, mulling over your words.

“Thank you Dylan, now if you excuse me Idres has laid out a private dinner. I hope you are successful in the morning.”

(Anything else for the evening?)

1 Like

Dylan will retire for the evening.

2 Likes

(and will also do some work on his family tree :slight_smile:)

3 Likes

I see your lovely family tree and raise you a map.

2 Likes

The dawn breaks, revealing a dark sky and a muggy feel to the air. Another storm appears brewing.

Sir Idres is organising the commoners in his newly repolished armour.

His directs you to a group of 30 commoners, all of which are at your disposal.

“The details of the search are your own my boy.”

1 Like

(Do I have access to dogs with this group of commoners? Do I have any direction to the start of the trail where Rowenna’s horse ran off - or to where she was discovered? If so, we will head there as a starting spot.)
(Also - for reference - would Loyalty Lord be an appropriate passion to invoke while hunting - as in Dylan’s belief, the marriage between Sir Joel and Rowenna will go a long way to mending fences between Salisbury and Silchester. Or failing that, Honour?)

2 Likes

The accepted position is that dogs will do little. They’re trained to ride with horses or follow on foot, not track them. Coupled with the skittish nature of the horse, barking dogs may just drive it deeper into the forest.

Rowenna and her bodyguard and servant emerged at the 8 on the left of the map.

1 Like

As for passions, well.

In our iteration of the game we ask PCs to declare why they are calling on the passion and what the result they are aiming for.

As well as the dangers of failing the roll and becoming disheartened or fumbling and running away (and turning your character sheet into the GM for a time) It also means if you fail you suffer from shock, and permanently lose attributes.

At this point in time trying to locate the horse will involve several steps, when I feel you have the chance to succeed and you ask about passions you can feel free to roll them.

1 Like

Anything you want to add @Scribbs?

1 Like

Dylan and Feld gather up the commoners and we head for the spot where Rowenna emerged. We will look for obvious tracks first, and then we will look to see if there are natural trails which Rowenna’s party would have come by, or if the forest is more open in nature.
Dylan will look for a leader, if any, among the commoners to ask about the surrounding forest (otherwise, he will seek out any who have been on previous hunts in these woods).
Is it quite wild, or is this a small wood bounded by other manors and fields. (Trying to sort out if it’s reasonable to split the commoners, sending a group with Feld along the road to then flush in a northerly direction, while Dylan and his group attempt to flush to the west).

1 Like

It is quite wild between the manors, the heavy plow is a new invention, and farm work is very labour intensive.

Perception to find a leader please.

There is no obvious trail.

1 Like

d20: 18 vs Awareness 12

2 Likes

No natural leaders are self evident, indeed the commoners are not well motivated, having searched the woods yesterday as well.

1 Like

We will proceed with the plan, splitting the peasants equally between Feld and myself. He is to ride along the road for half a mile and then cut north in to the forest, while I will lead my group of commoners directly west.
We will have a signal system set up for our hunting horns to ensure we keep each other informed of any findings and helping to ensure we don’t get lost. (If such a system isn’t already in place as far as general hunting tactics - something like 1 blast every 15 minutes to inform each other of position, 2 blasts for found a track, 3 blasts for HELP)
We seek for any signs of the lady’s palfry.
d20: 1 vs Hunting 6

3 Likes

Horn communication is down to a very fine art at this time.

You find the rabbit track Rowenna arrived on. She was clearly using a stick or crutch to walk with, the end of the wood leaves a distinctive imprint.

1 Like

We will follow that track as far as we can - looking for the spot she was unhorsed

2 Likes

(A quick one on passions. Our particular house rule is that you have to RP why the passion applies to the circumstance. If you can’t convincingly demostrate why your Loyalty to your Lord specifically motivates you for the task at hand, then don’t expect to be allowed to roll for the passion, or expect that the inspiration might be less than the full bonus.)

2 Likes

Hour 2. The trail is meandering and ferns grow in these part of the woodland, the ground here is muddy and marks are harder to discover.

Hunting for hour 2 please.

1 Like