Home Videos Games Podcastle

Let’s build some Pendragon characters! (And send them on adventures.)

“No. Most of the knights are serving their days of duty. The only reason Sir Massen is at home is his injury. Take the next manor down for instance; it is held by Sir Flloce, but he’s at Levcomagnus attending Sir Blaine. Should be the same in all the manors up to the border.”

“Is there anything else? I would really like to see how Sir Massen fares…”

1 Like

“One last thing, Aisling - can you give me a description of the lady’s palfrey? Anything that might help me identify it if I come across it?”

1 Like

“Chestnut bay, star on the nose, white sock on the rear left. She tended to plait the mane with green and white thread.”

1 Like

“Fare well, Aisling. We will do our utmost to find Rowena and see her safely to Sarum. I will send word as to what we find.”
“Feld, let’s move”
Dylan gives Aisling a nod and a smile. “Twas a pleasure to meet you. I hope we meet again in better times.”
Dylan and Feld will ride off towards the next manor up the road.
“Feld - do you know anything of this Sir Flloce? Sound familiar at all to you? Let’s see if we can trace the lady’s journey and see what we find.”

3 Likes

“I only remember being introduced at a winter court. Blackened armour, although that’s not uncommon.”

1 Like

“That does seem common these days amongst Silchester knights. Keep your wits about you. At some point on this journey, something has gone awry for Lady Rowena.”

1 Like

As we ride to Sir Flloce’s manor, we will keep our eyes open for anything unusual. Upon entering the manor holdings, we will pay closer attention to horses, looking for any signs of a palfrey that matches the description of Rowena’s.

1 Like

No horses match the description.

How do you approach the manor itself.

1 Like

As long as everything appears normal, we will ride openly up to the manor and see who greets us.

2 Likes

There are several servants working in the main courtyard area. How do you present yourself?

1 Like

Dylan and Feld ride casually in to the main courtyard area.
“We would have speaks with the steward of the manor.”
Dylan keeps his eye open for anything suspicious. Any signs of security, more than usual for this kind of manor, men at arms, signs of peasants or servants seemingly more nervous than would be usual…
Although there is probably nothing untoward at this particular manor, Dylan suspects that there are some about in Silchester who seek to prevent Sir Joel’s marriage and the closening of ties between Silchester and Salisbury.

1 Like

A man of Cornish descent appears and introduces himself as Rupert, Sir Flocce’s steward.

“How can I be of service, gentlemen?”

1 Like

“We come from Sir Massen.” (IF I know the name of Sir Massen’s estate, I will say that instead - I come from _____) “and we are seeking any word of his daughter Rowena, who would have passed by here about 10 days ago.”
“Do you remember that huge storm that we had around then - she left the day before that and might have sought shelter nearby.”
While not trying to be deceitful, Dylan feels that it might be prudent to keep mention of being from Salisbury for the moment. If the steward draws the conclusion that Dylan has been sent by Sir Massen, that might put him more at ease. Dylan will study the steward closely as he replies.

1 Like

“Why yes, she is in the great hall. Shall I announce you?”

1 Like

“No need to be so formal. Please show me to her”.
Dylan indicates with a sweep of his arm, for the Steward to lead the way in and follows close behind.
“May I ask why word has not been sent to Sir Massen of her situation?”
Dylan tries to control his surprise and excitement upon hearing this news. His mind is reeling slightly with what to do, but he can see no other proper course than to see and hear from the lady herself.

1 Like

The Steward holds up an arm.

“Sir, Although Sir Fliocc is away serving his forty days, his Son Sir Idres is in attendance. You will be formally announced, as is the nature of Hospitality. I would be a very poor steward if I did not follow our most ancient customs.”

He smiles.

“How will you be announced?”

1 Like

(Does Sir Joel have a manor?)
“I am Dylan of(add the name of Sir Joel’s manor, or Sarum, if he does not). And this is Feld. Lead on.”
(Do I know anything os Sir Idres? d20: 8 vs Recognize 3, if needed)

1 Like

You know not a sausage.

(I’m at a grand melee)

5 Likes

“I am impressed with your speed, we only sent our messenger towards Salisbury Yesterday, informing them of the delay. Follow me…”

1 Like

We follow the steward.
(Looks cool!)

2 Likes