Home Videos Games Podcastle

Let’s build some Pendragon characters! (And send them on adventures.)

d20: 17 vs DEX 10

2 Likes

(Is knockdown when damage exceeds my size?)

1 Like

Before deductions for armour.

1 Like

(Remember that the -5 for being disheartened also applies to the knockdown roll - Dylan is rolling against an effective DEX 5 not 10…)

2 Likes

He passed the last one with a 2.

Round 7
This time it is you Dylan who is on the floor, your head reeling.

Declare

1 Like

Try to get up and continue (is that exchange blows?) but fighting defensively.

d20: 5 vs sword (15 -5 passion -5 getting up +10 defensive) 15 (is that correct?)

2 Likes

I declared this roll in secret to @Scribbs first so here goes.

With Dylan on the floor and moments from unconsciousness (2hp I think) Idres seeks to even the score by focussing on Feld and taking him out

Feld defensive vs 12 d20: 19
Idres 14 + 10 - 17 = 7 d20: 4

1 Like

Damage to Feld 5d6: 1 + 4 + 1 + 4 + 1 = 11

1 Like

Who suffers only a Knick to the cheek.

Round 8

You are back on your feet.

Declare!

1 Like

Exchange blows.

d20: 15 vs Sword 10
Feld go for a regular attack

1 Like

Feld vs 2 d20: 8

1 Like

Idres 14+10-19 = 5

Vs Dylan 3 d20: 1
Vs Feld 2 d20: 14

1 Like

Dear lord.

5d6: 2 + 3 + 3 + 4 + 2 = 14

1 Like

Make an energetic roll for me!

1 Like

d20: 20 vs Energetic 17

1 Like

(Good night, sweet prince)

1 Like

Round 8

You slump to the floor, your vision clouding. You await another grim blow.

But then, outside, you hear something.

The sound of horses.

In the maelstrom of combat Sol has followed his bodyguarding instincts. Released from the grip of Hospitality he has slightly unceremoniously hauled Rowenna onto her Palfrey and started to mount a rouncy himself.

Sir Idres screams in despair, with Feld blocking the way he will never catch them.

(Sir Idres has failed in his task. He loses his inspiration and suffers the effects of shock.)

2d6: 6 + 2 = 8

4d6: 4 + 2 + 5 + 4 = 15

1 Like

Ignore this d20: 15

1 Like

Something breaks inside Sir Idres, he looks paler, weaker.

Even as Felds latest strike misses him the sword clatters from his hand. (He was rolling against Sword -7 at this point.)

You cannot help but close your eyes, if only for a moment…

Tell me Dylan, what do you dream of?

1 Like

Dylan dreams of fields and open spaces. He’s running through them at harvest time, an earthy smell in the air. He approaches a manor house, quite familiar. He seems to float up through an open window, a woman cradling a baby in a chair is in the room, a tear on her cheek. An overwhelming sense of loss strikes. Unsure how he knows, but someone has just left the room. He rushes to the window and looks out. A man is walking the path from the manor to the village, his back to Dylan, whistling a half remembered tune. He is familiar. Dylan should know him, but something is blocking his memory. Dylan reaches out of the window towards the man, words forming to call out to him, tears streaming down his own cheeks.
But then the world seems to swirl and he’s falling out the window. Falling. Falling. Now in to a great chasm. Dylan’s wounds begin to bleed profusely. Wounds? Where did these come from? Then blackness.

4 Likes