Home Videos Games Podcastle

Last game you bought?

See, this is why I keep coming back to this thread! I almost missed this game.

My son has so many tiny cars, and I really was into Car Wars when I was a kid, and I like X-Wing a lot but can’t pay into it (I already have a Lego and occasional nice restaurant habit).

My only fear is that this will get me stealing my son’s cars because I’ll get back into “painting minis” and spending a lot on paints and stuff. (unlikely, I am a much lazier person after having to deal with my kids)

Fair. Fortunately, my son stopped playing with his awhile ago, and this is a way to put them to use.

As far as the painting, he’s been wanting to try it for awhile, so he got two of the Warhammer starter packs for Xmas; they come with 3 units, and 6 paints each, along with painting directions. Hoping to get them started soon.

If he enjoys it, it’s another activity for us to do together. If not, we haven’t invested a huge amount, so I’m not as worried. Though the Warhammer figures are going to be nothing but models on a shelf regardless, because I’m not diving into that ocean!

It runs in the family. Here’s great uncle Gaston, the noted pugilist.

I found a copy of Starship Troopers that is in great condition, the box is a little worn, but the insides are brand new. Most of the cardboard is unpunched. This has been something I’d like to get my hands on for a while, and I’m pleased to find it.

Also I picked up 3 decks of Keyforge, and the Transformers TCG preconstructed deck with the absurdly large Metroplex card. I’d already decided I’m not going to continue collecting the game, but I’d committed to the purchase with my FLGS and I didn’t want to stick them with the bill.

I think of these visits as tiny holidays.

Just purchased Flash Point: Fire Rescue - Extreme Danger as my one game-of-the-month. (I am trying to reduce spending).

Bought Railroad Ink (Blue)

Resisted buying another game, and I had a gift card for the shop from Xmas

There is a ‘so very wrong about games’ podcast where they discuss Gaslands extensively. Bought Quacks as my game for February. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On Tuesday, my Wingspan pre-order arrived at the same time, carried by the same postal worker, as my order containing Concordia Venus (standalone), Queendomino XL (which I’ve been patiently awaiting so that it can be integrated with my Kingdomino XL), and A Fake Artist Goes to New York. What a week!

I think, in addition, my copy of Blue Lagoon, Colt Express: Horses & Stagecoach, and Sonar should arrive this afternoon… Super excited to check out Blue Lagoon soon; I think CE:H&S and Sonar will probably have to wait a couple of weeks before I can churn up the interest in them.

SVWAG was the main reason I started looking into the game. Joel’s review (Drive Thru Games) was a big part too.

Coincidentally, I just submitted an order for Gaslands a couple of minutes ago, also initially introduced to and intrigued by hearing about it on SVWAG podcast. I also preordered Men At Work, clearly destined to be the best Worker Placement game of the year

I see what what you did there!

I want to grab Men at Work at some point as well. We have a lot of fun with Junk Art every time it hits the table (despite out warped wooden pieces), and Men at Work seems different enough to have both. It also seems to be slightly more on the side of being a game, while I always feel Junk Art is more of a great activity.

Podcasts: What do you listen to?

This is exactly the assessment I made after seeing video reviews for Junk Art which is why I passed over it. I very rarely have the right people gathered around a table for the more-activity-than-game titles. Men At Work, on the other hand, looks more like the Pretzel Games mission-statement-game than any of their other titles, i.e. a game you would play while holding a pretzel (and/or a frothy beverage; it’s really just a matter of time before somebody starts canning beer in a consumable, water-tight can made of pretzel…)

That’s three times this podcast was invoked in this one thread. Like Beetlejuice, it has been summoned and will be linked on a Podcasts thread post.

I purchased a few games prior to my new budget kicking in.

Galaxy Truckers
Flamme Rouge
Captain Sonar
Pandemic Legacy Season 1
Museum

I have no idea which game I am most excited to play.

Of the games on your list, I’ve only played two. If you can get a group of either 6 or 8 people together, definitely get Captain Sonar to the table. I just recently picked up the 2-4 player, lighter-weight version, Sonar and I’m hoping to give that a shot soon to see how it compares to Captain Sonar (of which I played a friend’s copy).

Flamme Rouge really surprised me and recently became my favorite racing game, displacing Snow Tails.

Picked up over the weekend:

Traded - Machi Koro for Space Base (big win IMO, MK is a bit of a lame duck)

Purchased: Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space, Railroad Ink (Red & Blue) and The Grizzled: Armistice Edition.

Just Picked up Railroad Ink (Deep Blue Edition)
Super keen to get this played with my group

Don’t discount it as a nice morning puzzle with your coffee/drink of choice! Why wait?!

I would like to play it now, but I’m at work :frowning: the dice rolling across the desk would distract others :stuck_out_tongue: