Home Videos Games Podcastle

Last game you bought?

What was the last game you bought? Why did you buy it? Was it because of SU&SD review? A friend’s recommendation? Some other reason?

I just ordered two games.

Tragedy Looper - I’ve been wanting to get this one for ages, ever since Quinns first highligthed it in one of the Game News segments. It showed up in stock at my FOGS today so I had to jump. And since I can’t just buy ONE game I also added Zombie 15’ to the order since a real-time zombie game sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

Do pre-orders count? If so, I just pre-ordered Castles of Mad Kind Ludwig, which I’ll pick-up next week at Spiel Essen. Can’t wait to play it and create some utterly awful castles.

Do pre-orders count? If so, I just pre-ordered Castles of Mad Kind Ludwig, which I'll pick-up next week at Spiel Essen. Can't wait to play it and create some utterly awful castles.

Sure, pre-orders count. :slight_smile: Castles of Mad King Ludwig, for some reason, hasn’t really managed to grab me. And that’s despite the fact that I really, really like Suburbia. I can’t quite put my finger on why Ludwig, so far, leaves me cold.

Lifeboat arrived in the mail this morning. It went on my wishlist after it appeared in the Podcast here and then got ordered from the US after someone here pointed another forumite at an eBay shop with reasonable international shipping rates.

I have pre-ordered Dungeons and Dragons Attack Wing for my eldest who is obsessed with dragons (and not at all for myself oh no).

Last game I bought was Betrayal at House on the Hill which I bought in spite of the SUSD review because I knew it would be a huge hit with my family.

Suburbia, thanks to a rather old SUSD review, which I love, and Paperback (due to arrive at the end of Oct) thanks to…um I cant remember where I saw this actually :blush:

Love Letter, Hanabi and the D&D5 PHB. Love Letter on a friend’s recommendation, Hanabi from clicking around on the Wikipedia Spiel des Jahres article (and having previously enjoyed Bauza’s stuff), and both of them because they appropriately filled out the rest of the gift card I was using on the book.

Race for the Galaxy (which I had second thoughts about due to it likely never hitting the table and planned to return it - watching Rahdo’s run through disabused me of that idea).

Eclipse! In hindsight it’s so obviously filling a hole for my group, but it hadn’t even made it to my wishlist.

The last game I bought would have to be…The Resistance.

Hello all!

This Month has been a busy one. I have purchased the D&D5e PHB, and many Android: Netrunner Products --The Core Set, A few expansions, and both Deluxe Expansions.

Also, dice.

@izenmania You a player, DM, or both?

Lifeboat arrived in the mail this morning. It went on my wishlist after it appeared in the Podcast here and then got ordered from the US after someone here pointed another forumite at an eBay shop with reasonable international shipping rates.

I also just bought Lifeboat based on the SU&SD podcast, but I haven’t had the chance to play it yet. And I bought Suburbia when that became available again recently: played two games and so far I’m loving it. Finally, when I was in the UK visiting my brother recently he got me back into Magic after years of abstinence. We spent three or four hours at his local game shop digging through a giant barrel of singles, which they were selling at a penny for a common or 25p for a rare, and I put together a deck that way. Now I’m trying not to spend any money building a dream deck - fortunately I don’t have anyone to play with over here.

I also just bought Lifeboat based on the SU&SD podcast, but I haven’t had the chance to play it yet. And I bought Suburbia when that became available again recently: played two games and so far I’m loving it. Finally, when I was in the UK visiting my brother recently he got me back into Magic after years of abstinence. We spent three or four hours at his local game shop digging through a giant barrel of singles, which they were selling at a penny for a common or 25p for a rare, and I put together a deck that way. Now I’m trying not to spend any money building a dream deck - fortunately I don’t have anyone to play with over here.

My girlfriend bought Lifeboat based on my favorable opinion of it following the podcast and has played it (without me, I might add) with her favorite little game group. They really liked it and I will probably get to play it this weekend. While I am looking forward to that, it will cut into my Wargame Counter Corner Trimming Time, so I will have to double my efforts in that arena during the week. (Reading that last bit over reminds me of the beginning of Return of the Jedi.) :wink:

Hannibal: Rome vs Carthage together with a few Marvel Dice Masters boosters. Bought Hannibal as my wife loves Twilight Struggle, and I wanted to try another CDG. Plus, elephants.

I must’ve missed something - when did the SU&SD crew talk about Lifeboat? I’ve seen the name pop up here on the forum plenty of times now but I can’t recall when Quinns and Paul discussed it. Was it on the cardcast?

Yeah, it was the cardcast. It was available in Sweden, too (a friend of mine over there looked it up and bought it after I mentioned it to him).

My most recent purchase is Sons of Anarchy, which having played it once I’m thinking will be frequently coming to the table, so much fun, even though I’ve never seen the show.

Dead of Winter, Pandemic: On The Brink and Archipelago: War & Peace. Dead of Winter I bought after watching SU&SD’s review, and because after telling my girlfriend about it, she was actually interested in playing it. She’s not a big fan of playing heavier games, but the theme and ideas really grabbed her. We played it on Sunday, and it went over really well.

I can’t wait to get the two expansions I bought to the table. Pandemic needs the shot in the arm, and Archipelago is my favourite game, so anything that adds more to that experience is good in my books.

@elbast‌ I’ve been seriously considering Lifeboat, both because of the guys talking about it, and because it sounds exactly like a game I was sort of developing on my own about a year back. Literally every mechanic was basically what I was thinking of implementing.

Got a big order just waiting for Machi Koro to spring into being. Abyss, Jaipur, Ca$h and Guns, all recently covered by SU&SD. The last thing I actually got my hands on was Dead of Winter, direct from Plaid Hat. Pre-ordered so far in advance I actually forgot about it.

Galaxy Trucker: Anniversary Edition. I had to get it delivered to my work, which had a lot of people seriously interested in what the heck this thing was.

Castle Panic, Dominion: Seaside, Flash Point: Fire Rescue, Sushi Go!, and most recently Suburbia. Haven’t played Flash Point yet, but loving everything else. Suburbia took us 3 hours on our first playthrough but it’s so good! I discovered my wife had sneakily bought the iPad version the next day!

Do pre-orders count? If so, I just pre-ordered Castles of Mad Kind Ludwig, which I'll pick-up next week at Spiel Essen. Can't wait to play it and create some utterly awful castles.

Sure, pre-orders count. :slight_smile: Castles of Mad King Ludwig, for some reason, hasn’t really managed to grab me. And that’s despite the fact that I really, really like Suburbia. I can’t quite put my finger on why Ludwig, so far, leaves me cold.

Erik, try watching Rahdo’s run through - it pretty much sold me on it and I’m probably going to have to pick up a copy!