Home Videos Games Podcastle

Introduction Thread!

Man, Iw ould be up for TI4 if it’s cheap enough for me to get into NE within an hour. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I still don’t know how you played enough to get Domination 3333 and all the fiddly specific achievements.

Not everyone is as obsessed by pointless achievements as I am. It may look like we’ve veered badly off-topic here, but that reply works reasonably well as an introduction.

1 Like

Hahaha, well actually TI4 is the only game in my post that I don’t own (apart from a few T.I.M.E. stories modules that I borrowed), but it’s on the wanted-list.

Hi all, :wave:

I’ve followed SUSD for years but been too stupid/idle to join the forum until now…hello!

My favourite games are Battlestar, Galaxy Trucker, Descent and Dixit (to chill out), but I enjoy most games so long as they have a social aspect. I know trucker isn’t, but damn that game is hilarious!

I am currently living through Brexit. Near Gatwick, England.

Anyway, enough of that. I hope to spend more time with you lovely people soon :smiley_cat:

15 Likes

Welcome! Those are some great favorites!

Don’t be worried about de-lurking, everyone here is pretty squishy and accepting, and many were long-time lurkers themselves. I’m pretty sure everyone already likes you.

I normally would say, “let me or any other mod/admin know if you have any questions,” but, honestly, just let anyone here know, they’ll help you out.

2 Likes

Cheers MinuteWalt! Cheers everyone! Very kind.

Here’s to many years of immense board gaming conversations! By that I mean awesome, rather than overly large. That could be tedious.

Anyway thanks again and chat soon! :wink:

4 Likes

Hey, Walt! I’m not squishy.

I’m hard on the outside, soft on the inside.

But definitely not squishy. :stuck_out_tongue:

And welcome to all the newcomers!

1 Like
3 Likes

I’m just 100% squishy, then, I guess. Like one of those yappy fat dogs who bark at you, but then just wants to cuddle.
It doesn’t matter if it’s a guest or a burglar. Or even a bugler.
Or an armadillo.

1 Like

Hi folks!

I’m Karthik (pronounced car-thick). I’m one of the folks who helps runs a board game community all the way in Bangalore, India!

Fun fact: You can actually catch a glimpse of our group the end of @quinns’s Hive Pocket review from last year (https://youtu.be/szmcsO9ZCpo?t=560). Thanks for doing that Q&A with us Quinns!

18 Likes

Hi car thick!! It’s nice to have you here (finally).

You should get along with us pretty easily, and this is where I would normally say “ask any mod/admin if you need help with anything,” but honestly, just ask anyone here. Everyone in this community pretty much knows what they’re doing and are willing to help.

This is a super cool place with super cool people, and I’m happy you found your way here!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Siân. I live in Leeds, UK, where I am completely failing to blend in due to my soft southern vowels, and a dislike of cricket, rugby, and mushy peas.

A selection of board game related facts about me:

• My most-played game this year so far is Quacks of Quedlinburg
  • The longest single game I have ever played is TI4 (totally worth it)
  • My favourite first player marker is either the alpaca from Altiplano, or the dinosaur from evolution
  • My ‘personal best’ score in Food Chain Magnate is -6 :pensive:
  • My most enjoyable board game experience is Pandemic Legacy Season 1
  • My favourite convention is Airecon
  • The unplayed game in my collection that I am most looking forward to playing is Welcome to… (or Teotihuacan, or Wingspan, I can’t decide…)
17 Likes

Ah, a fellow connoisseur :face_with_monocle: Welcome!

3 Likes

Indeedy, the big dinosaur meeple is just a nice indulgence.

2 Likes

Hi, Siân! Thanks for being here. And “whistle_pig” is one of the funniest handles I’ve heard in a long time.

1 Like

This is a whistle pig:

(Apparently it’s also a variety of rye whiskey, which I haven’t tried!)

6 Likes

It is quite embarrassing when you mix them up. I mean it went down real smooth and silky, and it was only later when a friend asked why I was keeping a bottle of whisky in a cage that the penny dropped.

4 Likes

:facepalm:

I just looked into the whisky, because I hadn’t heard of it and was curious. It’s a pretty weird company… Founded in Vermont, U.S.A. by a former reality show contestant. The company finishes and/or just bottles Canadian rye that they buy from the Alberta Premium distillery.

1 Like