Home Videos Games Podcastle

Ghost Giant

Hello friends.
I just need to put this out there, I started playing Ghost Giant last night for PSVR and I was immediately taken in by it. The game is beautiful and adorable, the world is tactile and interesting, and I have a strong feeling that it’s going to take a hard right into “FEELINGS” territory pretty soon. That said, play it.

2 Likes

Eurogamer featured the game in Ian’s VR Corner:

2 Likes

I really want to get a PSVR, as I have played my brother-in-law’s and it is really fun and immersive, I just can’t justify the cost right now.

Also, I have heard rumors that there will be a new model released with the PS5 that might be wireless! Not sure it is true, but I am willing to wait a year or so to find out.

Yes, I feel like as soon as I buy a thing I find out that the next better version is on it’s way -_-
In the meantime, it’s a really excellent entry into VR - and Ghost Giant makes it worth it for now :slight_smile:
I’m really looking forward to seeing what the future holds for it, if Wireless is coming, I am so ready.

Those are the worst type of games ever. You get invested in a character, and then “oh, f-u player, let us rip that away from you!”

I haven’t stopped crying in the decades between FF VII and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, and you want me to weep even more? You monster!

(I could name many other games, but, eh… You can only cry for so long before you run out of tears).

I get that.
The last ones to really get to me were What Remains of Edith Finch and The Unfinished Swan.
I also really struggled with Senua’s Sacrifice…

1 Like

Those three hit me pretty hard, Hellblade was especially tough, it kept on hitting me with unexpected curve-balls.
Sometime I think I need to go back to fighters, or bullet-hells, or Rocket League, or something else that doesn’t get me emotionally invested, like Golf-It.

1 Like

I agree, I wasn’t expecting to feel Hellblade quite as much as I did, I had read reviews about what it was trying to do, but on a surface look it didn’t seem like it was going to be able to. I’ve only gotten a little ways in and haven’t been able to go back yet, it really upset me - likely to do with where I was at with my own mental health, but still. God, i also just played A Mortician’s Tale which walloped me right in the wallops.

If you want some games that require little to no investment emotionally, and are actually good - may I recommend: Katana Zero (Switch/PC), Moonlighter (Switch/PS4), Pokemon Lets Go: Evee (Switch), and Dead Cells (PS4/Switch) - those are the ones that have been eating my attention lately.

1 Like

This is all evidence that I need a Switch and PSVR.

1 Like