Home Videos Games Podcastle

Forum Bug reports

Since Chrome updated (or around then?), pages aren’t jumping to the new post at all.

Version 39.0.2171.65 m on Windows 7 Pro.

In Safari 8.0.2 on my Mac, when I click on a link into a discussion and it brings me to the most recent post I often can’t scroll back up through the post. I have to exit the post and reenter in another fashion.

I tried to post on a discussion in the Video Games forum and got a message that said the post was being sent for approval. I don’t remember this happening the last time I posted. In either case that was some 4 hours ago and nothing has happened on the forum. Wondering if it’s some bug or if I’m on some banned list.

Edited due to double post spam filter thing.

All fixed now. Thanks.

@WhiteTom - I believe you’ve already had a reply in PM, but it seems like some of your posts were incorrectly being flagged as spam. That should’ve been resolved now. If anyone else has a similar problem in the future, contact one of the mods and we’ll try and sort it out for you!

Sorry if these have been reported already, didn’t have time to read the whole thread.
Both these issues occur using latest Chrome for iPad browser on iOS 8.2.

Issue 1
When first clicking in a text box and bringing up the onscreen keyboard while in landscape orientation, the SU&SD banner/menu appears at the top of the window, obscuring the text box I’ve just selected. To fix it I have to rotate to portrait and then back to landscape.

Issue 2
Every time the site autosaves a post while I am composing, THE ENTIRE PAGE GOES WHITE EXCEPT FOR THE SU&SD BANNER AND I WANT TO THROW MY IPAD OUT OF THE WINDOW OF A TALL BUILDING. The only fix I have is to immediately reload the page. And then encounter Issue 1 when I click in the text box again >:(
OH GOD THE AUTOSAVE IS SO FRUSTRATING IT HAS HAPPENED 1675835 TIMES WHILE WRITING THIS POST. Even if the bug can’t be fixed outright, I’d appreciate a workaround of being able to disable autosave in my preferences or something.

Wow that does sound horrible!
I’ll add it to our bug tracker. I think the auto-save is something we’re stuck with, but the banner issue might be tied up with the small-screen support thing so hopefully it’ll get resolved at the same time.

Wow that does sound horrible! I'll add it to our bug tracker. I think the auto-save is something we're stuck with, but the banner issue might be tied up with the small-screen support thing so hopefully it'll get resolved at the same time.
FWIW the autosave making the screen go white only started happening a few months ago. I've been fairly inactive recently but I remember seeing it happen before I went quiet, but it was new. I suspect it's a knock-on from some other bug fix or feature implementation.

Annoyingly this post has autosaved three times while writing it and the bug didn’t occur. It’s either not 100% or I’m missing a repro step somewhere.

Bit of a weird one, but I appear to have lost all of the sub-forums. That is to say, all the posts ever now appear in one single forum at the www.shutupandsitdown.com/forums/ page - there’s now way to go to PBF or Finland or anything else…
Looks like this
This is on Chrome -never seen the problem before

@FatedToPretend - Odd things appear to be afoot today. I’m seeing the forum layout change every other time I load the page. I’m thinking that Vanilla (the forum provider) are twisting knobs and pulling levers on their end. Hopefully things will return to normal soon…

Big Bug: the forums are blue! BLUE FOR GODS SAKE!!!

shuddering-inducingly not-right, this blue

EDIT: seems it was mercifully temporary

shuddering-inducingly not-right, this blue

EDIT: seems it was mercifully temporary

Still blue for me :frowning:

Try a hard reload (Shift+F5), you have probably still cached the other stylesheet.

I’m having issues. Sometimes pages don’t load. Other times hovering over a reaction on a post (like, agree, etc) to pop-up the names of users who have clicked on that reaction shows me an empty box. Yesterday I couldn’t access the forums at all; today it’s working on and off. Using Chrome on Windows 7.

I have also seen the “sometimes pages don’t load” on Win 8/Firefox 38

Hey ya’ll. I’ve told @mike about the issue we’re having (I can reproduce them myself) and he’s looking into it!

The white page on link thing has become way worse for me recently. So bad, in fact, that I’ve started copying and pasting links instead of clicking them. :worried:

Not sure if this is forum-sided or my (work- :blush:) PC sided, but lately (the last week or so) I seem to have a trouble with registering newly updated topics. Sometimes I see what is new, sometimes I see what was new yesterday. And when I click on such a topic, sometimes I see all the content, including the newest content. And sometimes I see one/two day old content being labeled as the newest.

Sorry, can’t explain it more, but I will try to grab some screenshots if possible

Not sure if this is forum-sided or my (work- :blush:) PC sided, but lately (the last week or so) I seem to have a trouble with registering newly updated topics. Sometimes I see what is new, sometimes I see what was new yesterday. And when I click on such a topic, sometimes I see all the content, including the newest content. And sometimes I see one/two day old content being labeled as the newest.

Sorry, can’t explain it more, but I will try to grab some screenshots if possible

Yeah, I think there’s an issue with page caching–new posts don’t appear unless I perform a manual refresh. Even then it seems iffy sometimes. Not sure if it’s a Chrome thing or a forum thing–but it’s a thing.