Home Videos Games Podcastle

Forum Bug reports

New bug, this on's a bit serious. I've got a private message discussion with someone that no longer displays for either of us, I think that it might be due to the number of messages exchanged, perhaps it's trying to display a new page but does not display any page navigation options.

Jake … who is it you so extensively talk to by private mail? I surely hope not my enemies? Lest I need to seek me a new Master.

On a (maybe related?) note, I just wrote Jake a private mail and while the forum did take it, it did not display it for me until I reloaded the page. Not a biggy, but it’s the first time I had this.

Another mail to Jake, same effect…

On a (maybe related?) note, I just wrote Jake a private mail and while the forum did take it, it did not display it for me until I reloaded the page. Not a biggy, but it's the first time I had this.
I've had this going for me for a couple of days. I think because of my mod duties I'm on a special PM cool down or something.

There’s a couple of obvious css bugs here. The points, and that drop down menu isn’t visible fully at the bottom.

On Windows 7, latest Chrome.

Just got a little heart attack when the board showed me that there were 96 new messages in the Game of thrones play by forum thread. Thought that the other guys had continued playing without me. Luckily it was just that apparently the board though that ALL the messages were new to me.

New bug, this on's a bit serious. I've got a private message discussion with someone that no longer displays for either of us, I think that it might be due to the number of messages exchanged, perhaps it's trying to display a new page but does not display any page navigation options.
Update: It does load page navigation there is a small link for "Older Messages" which when clicked will load the previous page. It seems that it loads the new page when the old is full, even if there's nothing to go on a new page yet. So not as terrible a bug as I first thought but still inconvenient.

@JakeThePirate‌ - Ah, that seems like another oddity with the forum software. I’ll forward that information to the site developer.

The forums now seem confused if I’m logged in or not:

I can still act in ever way like I’m logged in (can post like I’m doing now, I can read and send PMs) it just asks me to login. If I open the forum in a different browser on the same computer I can only view the forums as though I’m not logged in. I don’t think this is a security issue or even a serious one but just in case I’m reporting it.

Weird! Me too …

(without scrolling back) has anyone asked about the way automatic @ mention links break down when a username contains punctuation (eg when i just tried to @Lara-D‌ )?

(without scrolling back) has anyone asked about the way automatic @ mention links break down when a username contains punctuation (eg when i just tried to @Lara-D‌ )?

You’re the first! I’ll bring it up with the Developer.

I don’t know if this has been brought up yet, but when trying to make this post for a PbF, I was having formatting issues. Mainly, if I tried to bold or italicize portions of the text, all the text lines that started with the “<3” emoticon disappeared.

Is there anything I can do to avoid this?

Thanks for any help!

rmaia: That’s a new one! I’ll check with the dev…

rmaia: That's a new one! I'll check with the dev..
Thanks! if you want me to edit it to show the problem, or repost it here with the formatting to make it easier to spot the issue, just let me know. cheers!

The “Recent Discussions” Page displays 100 pages, though there’s only 3 pages of discussions (at the moment)

Not a major issue by any means, but as always I’m reporting it for the sake of completeness.

@JakeThePirate‌
Yeah, I noticed that as well. I was a bit surprised at first - surely we haven’t talked THAT much already. :open_mouth:

During public polls, if you edit your post the icon that shows what you voted for gets removed from your post.

Thanks Gwathdring, I’ve updated our bug tracker
(Now I’m imagining a ranger, ear to the ground, muttering “A hobbit lay here… should have respawned by now…”)

The forum seems to be set up so that when you click on a thread, you jump straight to the latest post. On my iPad running Safari, this works perfectly. On Chrome for OS X (at home) and Windows 7 (at work), it tries to jump down before the page has finished loading, leading to it just stopping somewhere random halfway down the page.

Thanks, it’s on the tracker!