Turn Order:

Ulthal
Skeletons
Guards
Go’in
Tamil
Whiro
Iris

(How exactly does damage type work when an enemy is weak to it?)

(Damage is doubled if the enemy is weak against the type, halves if they’re resistant.)

(Oo, ez pz)

((but @Abubu, what if they’re holy skellingtons, raised to do great things. It might not be their time. One of them might even have been called grand elf the grey at one point. ))

Ulthal scans the scene. He is a bit overwhelmed by the number they are facing and how spread out they all seem

He quickly hurls a ball of fire at the skeleton closest to him on the right.

Case Firebolt
Attack Roll
d20: 15 +5
Damage Roll
d10: 5

The fireball strikes true and the force of the blast knocks loose a half dozen ribs. They explode backward, charred black, and the skeleton barely stay upright from the explosion.

The skeletons and guards begin to move, not towards the party, but to a single point in front of the adventurers.

The two guards stand facing the group, about a pace between them, and Dernug scrambles up their back and stands on their shoulders. It’s an impressive feat for the aged Dwarf.

What happens next is unsettling. The skeletons crash over the guards like an ivory wave. At first it looks like a mad throng, but there is an apparent order in the chaos. The skeletons cover the guards, removing bones from sockets and binding themselves to one another. Creating a set of horrible, unholy armour over the living creatures.

When it is complete, the lower two guards are mostly obscured in the monstrous contruct’s legs. Dernug’s face is mostly visible in a cavity in the construct’s chest. Four appendages wave outward from the chest like boney snakes, each ending in a pair of skulls.

From within the transformed monster Dernug moans, “Fleeee…”

(The enemies turn is over and Go’in is up after the Skeleton Voltron. Also, sorry about being slow, holidays and work have been busy!)

Go’in looks from the creature to his companions nervously. Should they heed Dernug’s warning? Perhaps there is another way into the castle…Go’in pushes these thoughts aside. There is an immediate threat he now needs to focus on. He grabs his staff and casts shillelagh, causing his staff to glow blue (bonus action).

He casts a tornado at the creature (DC 15 str check).

SkeleVoltron Str Save:

d20: 4 + 3

3d6: 6 + 3 + 5 = 14

The winds immediately pick up, originated from Go’in’s hands, and swirl viciously around the monster. As the gusts pick up speed the beast rises in the air and begins to rotate, a little at first, but gaining speed with each rotation. Then, as quickly as it began, the wind is calm and the creature crashes to the ground.

A symphony of bones cracking fill the air along with a muffled scream. From one of the legs, a trickle of blood oozes over the white bones.

“Try to only damage the bones! Those are still innocent people trapped by the spell over the castle!”

Tamil moves in front of the group and draws his sword. He holds it above his head as his skin and hair begin to glow from under his armor.

“Through Lathander’s grace I bestow upon this weapon the will of the Gods.”

His armor begins to glow as well as he continues.

“May it protect Lathander’s children and banish the forces of darkness!”

All of the light is transferred into his blade as a holy aura surrounds it. He flourishes it before him in a defensive pose before raising his shield.

“Go for the arms, I think I can help them if we can get them out of the skeletons.”

Channel Divinity summary

Sacred Weapon. As an action, you can imbue one weapon that you are holding with positive energy, using your Channel Divinity. For 1 minute, you add your Charisma modifier to attack rolls made with that weapon (in this case +3). The weapon also emits bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light 20 feet beyond that. If the weapon is not already magical, it becomes magical for the duration.

You can end this effect on your turn as part of any other action. If you are no longer holding or carrying this weapon, or if you fall unconscious, this effect ends.

“Ahh… Aim for the arms you say. I dunno if I can be that precise with my spells. We’ll see how it goes!”
Whiro will cast Protect from Good and Evil on himself. Undead attacking him have disadvantage. Will post full details tomorrow morning when I have a computer again.

(Ooo, I wasn’t sure if you could use that spell considering your uh friend)

Protection from good and evil summary

Until the spell ends, one willing creature you touch is protected against certain types of creatures: aberrations, celestials, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead.

The protection grants several benefits. Creatures of those types have disadvantage on attack rolls against the target. The target also can’t be charmed, frightened, or possessed by them. If the target is already charmed, frightened, or possessed by such a creature, the target has advantage on any new saving throw against the relevant effect.

((Ohhh, I mis-read it. I thought I had to choose one of the types of creatures listed rather than gain the benefit from all of them. Could be interesting. We’ll see what @twispby thinks.
As fluff, Protection from evil (and good) was one of the only bits of magic Whiro learnt before he summoned his “uh friend”. He places less trust in it now than he did then.))

(Yeah, that’s fine. If your “friend” attacks you he/she/it would just have disadvantage too.)

(Iris’ turn @Sagantine)

Iris will thaw the ice holding skelearm on her back, and kick it in the river!