Home Videos Games Podcastle

Blood on the Clocktower PBF #2

Well, the first one seemed to work, so let’s do it again. Minimum 5 players and more is definitely better. There will be a lot of private message traffic.

Here’s a character crib, generated from the “Script” tool on the game web site. In the actual game, each player has a copy of this - it lists all the characters who might be in the game, and what they do.

Trouble Brewing.pdf (1.2 MB)

As far as you know there are 9 Townsfolk, 2 Outsiders, 3 Minions, and 1 Demon (but some roles will change this if they’re present - for example, if the Baron is in play, two of the Townsfolk have been replaced by Outsiders.)

Rules link
Character definitions link

You are allowed to communicate privately with other players, but you must post that “your name whispers to @other-player” (and the same from them in return if they answer, though only once each per exchange).

Note to latecomers / observers - you can be included even once the game’s started. Send me a PM and say you want to join as a Traveller, and I’ll give you details.

Blood on the Clocktower PBF

Not sure if everybody will find this useful, but I have converted this post to a Wiki Post so that anybody (I think) can edit it.
Here’s the current state of the Town Square:

name status ghost vote claimed role
quiddle dead 1 vote Butler
GeeBizzle alive Monk
COMaestro alive Saint
El_Bee dead no vote Empath
Zyleth dead 1 vote Ravenkeeper (Undertaker says: Scarlet Woman)
SanguineAngel dead 1 vote Mayor (Undertaker says: Mayor)
Schroddi alive Investigator
skeletor alive Undertaker
lovvbar alive Soldier
Bradburn alive Saint
rhysplaysgames dead 1 vote Slayer (Undertaker says: Baron)
rootbeerbaby (Traveller) alive Apprentice Librarian
simian dead 1 vote Slayer
RossM alive Recluse
JDPftw alive Virgin
pillbox alive Washerwoman

DAY 1

Zyleth 12
quiddle alive no
GeeBizzle alive yes
COMaestro alive yes
El_Bee alive yes
Zyleth alive yes
SanguineAngel alive yes
Schroddi alive yes
skeletor alive yes
lovvbar alive yes
Bradburn alive no
rhysplaysgames alive yes
rootbeerbaby (Apprentice) traveller, alive yes
simian alive no
RossM alive yes
JDPftw alive yes
pillbox alive no

NIGHT 1

• quiddle has died in the night

• skeletor (Undertaker) says: Zyleth was Scarlet Woman

DAY 2

rhysplaysgames simian JDPftw
quiddle dead, 1 vote no no no
GeeBizzle alive yes yes no
COMaestro alive yes no no
El_Bee alive yes no no
Zyleth dead, 1 vote no no no
SanguineAngel alive yes yes no
Schroddi alive yes no no
skeletor alive yes no no
lovvbar alive yes yes yes
Bradburn alive no no no
rhysplaysgames alive no yes no
rootbeerbaby (Apprentice) traveller, alive no no no
simian alive yes no no
RossM alive yes no no
JDPftw alive yes yes no
pillbox alive yes yes no

NIGHT 2

• simian has died in the night!

• skeletor (Undertaker) says: rhysplaysgames was Baron

DAY 3

SanguineAngel El_Bee pillbox Bradburn JDPftw
quiddle dead, 1 vote no no no no no
GeeBizzle alive yes no no yes no
COMaestro alive no no no yes no
El_Bee alive no no no yes no
Zyleth dead, 1 vote no no no no no
SanguineAngel alive no no no yes no
Schroddi alive yes no no no no
skeletor alive no no yes no no
lovvbar alive yes yes yes yes yes
Bradburn alive no no no no yes
rhysplaysgames dead, 1 vote no no no no no
rootbeerbaby (Apprentice) traveller, alive yes no yes no no
simian dead, 1 vote no no no no no
RossM alive yes no yes no no
JDPftw alive no no no no yes
pillbox alive yes no no no no

NIGHT 3

• El_Bee has died during the night!

DAY 4

lovvbar
quiddle dead, 1 vote no
GeeBizzle alive no
COMaestro alive no
El_Bee dead, no votes yes
Zyleth dead, 1 vote no
SanguineAngel dead, 1 vote no
Schroddi alive no
skeletor alive no
lovvbar alive no
Bradburn alive no
rhysplaysgames dead, 1 vote no
rootbeerbaby traveller, alive yes
simian dead, 1 vote no
RossM alive yes
JDPftw alive no
pillbox alive yes

ORIGINAL POST

What the hey… I’m in!

FIRST!!!

AW PILLBOX, welp I guess I know who I’M voting off first :stuck_out_tongue:

Just kidding, and of course @RogerBW, I’m in!

I’d also like opinions about voting - public, as last time, or by PM? My inclination is to experiment with PM voting but I don’t have strong feelings about it.

In.

I’m up for experimenting with PM voting! My guess is public is still gonna be better, but you never know :slight_smile:

As they say in rural Canadiana, my birth tongue which sometimes comes out when I’ve had a beer to many, the dialect of not one, not two but three Canadian poet laureates:

I’m in.

I agree. It sounds as though in the live game that you wouldn’t really have a chance to react to somebody else’s vote anyway

I’m in! I promise I won’t be evil this time. Unless I am. WHAT SHOULD YOU BELIEVE? :smiling_imp:

I watched the last PBF and would love to have a go. One caveat with PM voting - we could accidentally end up with ties that lead to no executions. Is there a way to avoid that, or is that just an acceptable risk?

I think people will, if a tie is either desired or undesired, have conversations necessary to prevent those situations prior to calling the vote. I’ve not played the live game but I suspect it’s the same for the same situations that arise during the real-time voting (where the ST swings their arm around the circle, counting raised hands)

Thinking through it, I imagine it would be useful for us to announce publicly when we send our vote to the storyteller.

Or… Maybe not?

Hello, I’d be keen to join in! Last thread was a great read.

I played the live game once and it was certain possible to change your vote at the last second if you managed to count that there was an unwanted tie. Usually the first few people in voting order have to lock in straight away but further down the line you can react a bit more. Not sure how to account for it in PbF though.

Actually, I think if you’re fast you can be really shady and switch your vote at the last minute, though you’d probably be called out for it and might come off less trustworthy.

Two very good points. Although, in a secret vote format, this may be counterpointed by the fact that we can lie about what vote we sent to the ST. This somewhat emulates being able to change your vote at the last second but with slightly different nuances

Enjoyed passively watching the last one (thanks for running it/playing it!). In for seeing it with possibly even more people and being part of the action this time.

Count me in!

I wonder if that would have a greater impact than we realize? Seems like it might give a slight edge to :smiling_imp: team evil, but maybe that’s ok since archived posts might give a slight advantage to :innocent: team good.

I’ll play again if there is space. If not that’s ok :slight_smile:

Character Definition link is giving an error. Not sure if that’s the case for anyone else