Home Videos Games Podcastle

Avalon Hill's Dune - Play Thread

Thanks, Oly. =)
I gotta say, this school; the kids are rough around the edges but the faculty have been nothing but the most welcoming and supportive people from the principal down. I always feel like I can ask anyone for help and that the Year 9 cohort has my back. As a long term minimum wage veteran of both the hospitality and call centre industries it’s…a world of difference.

I don’t know how people keep their sanity in call centres. On the first day my friend just got up, walked out and drove home. They were cold-calling people looking for them to upgrade or switch services or something, and had to keep following the script no matter how pissed off people were. Couldn’t handle the guilt of annoying people so much combined with the abuse… Then again I don’t know if I could handle working with kids. I’m guessing a few would get “lost” while out on the dunes…

Ha, I always worked inbound in service which was a lot nicer.

UPDATE: So clearly life is more stressful and full for me since I started this game. But I refuse to let it die!

@Oly suggested that they or someone else could take over the map-updating duties, for which I would be grateful; I use a free program called Paint.net and I’ll need to walk someone through the process I use to keep everything organised; the master file has something like 20 layers each maintaining a specific typeof component :wink:

That way you can just ping me when you need me to deal you out cards.

This way, the game keeps moving and you haven’t wasted several months.

Is this amenable to folks?

@CarrotandStick I’m up for learning how to update the map. If you teach me I can teach the others :slight_smile:

Well, I suppose there isn’t any hidden information in the folder, so here you all go:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1qip1jo6lo8e73k/AAAe0BoAtp7-LovvWMYiWpbOa?dl=0

That took me 2 hours last night! I wanted to use Inkscape so I imported everything and had to remake all the tokens.

Can everyone check and make sure I didn’t mess up? @CarrotandStick can you do a collections phase (if you didn’t do it ~24 days ago) and give everyone this:
House keeping:
Bene Gesserit +2 blood spice
Atriedes +7 blood spice.

Fremen loses Special (Semuta Drug) and Shield. Emperor loses Poison (Gom Jabbar) and Shield. Probably we need a map update after all the dying…

Then we are on to Phase 6 collections.
Emperor +2 for Carthag.
Bene Gesserit +2 for Arrakeen
Guild +1 for Tuek’s Sietch
Guild +8 (4 troops x2) spice collection.

Then tell me where to put the storm and the spice!

Edit: It looks a bit fuzzy to me in the post, but if fine when I click on it. Any advice to make it sharp in the post Carrot?

Lovely work!

Thanks, this looks great!

All (@CarrotandStick, @PangolinPaws, @Oly, @IsAnythingReal, @RossM), I just realized we haven’t done anything for almost 3 months.

Shall we assume this is dead? Or maybe subconsciously, I’m pushing for a flurry that maybe we can all do around the Holiday season if you are all interested.

Let’s call it a draw.

Guild wins.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ha!

I actually have a new baby due in the next week or so, so I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to participate.

Good luck pango! I’ve got one coming mid January. I think it fitting that the Guild would win after having never fought anyone :wink: