Home Videos Games Podcastle

Anyone iiiiiiiiiin the Midwest in general?

Looking outside my colony window, yes, the Curiosity rover is still active. Just thought you guys should know.

But any other Martians–Midwesterners around here willing to meet in person? The Twin Cities are pretty ideal with Fantasy Flight’s HQ and Game Center being where it is.

I am in Evansville, IN. That is in the southern-most part of Indiana, unfortunately.

It’s okay. I won’t hold the Hoosiers against you.

I like having Hoosiers held against me. Many of them smell nice. I’m a transplant, originally from California and my partner is here from New Jersey via Oregon. Are you in the Twin Cities area?

About four hours away from the Twin Cities in Sioux Falls, SD. We’ve had a steady stream of West Coast people coming in the past few years to get away from the economy out there.

I’m in the midwest, technically–or to be more specific, on “the northcoast”, as we like to call it, here in northeast Ohio.

Sadly, Indiana and South Dakota are still “a far piece”, as we like to call it, for a meetup. But ,if I ever to get to make a my pilgrimage to FFG HQ, though, I’ll check in with you all to see who’s up for game time…

Ditto for clg6000 – Ohio claims the Midwest, but Dayton’s too long a drive to be relevant to the OP.

Evansville’s not completely out of the question if there’s a compelling opportunity, but it’s a little past the edge of comfortable day tripping range for me, at 9 hours round trip with no stops.

Seems like I’m with everyone else here, the midwest is just too damn spread out. I’m in Lafayette, IN.

…well, if enough of us here in the heartland speak up, there’s a good chance a few of us will pop up within striking distance of each other–for instance, Dayton’s not too far from Cleveland, and Lafayette to Evansville looks maybe doable…if you met halfway in Bloomington.

If only this had some more mods in the library…

Well, how many of you are going to GenCon this year? That would be a good meetup. :slight_smile:

Not sure if I can for that long. I was just hired a few days ago, so my PTO might not be that big yet.

Oh I’ll absolutely be at Gen Con. Booked my room before I left last year :smiley:

I’m wondering if I should book now or wait for the housing block? I want to be in a skybridge connected hotel, but I really don’t want to pay US $500 a night.

Any opinions?

If you want a skybridge hotel, you are going to pay through the nose and rely on luck. I prefer to be a 15 minute walk and only pay <$150/night, and have the peace of mind that my hotel is already sorted.

I have Young Onset Parkinson’s and the place can be really exhausting :stuck_out_tongue: So, I thought being super close to the hotel this year would be a good thing.

Yeah, then I think you are stuck with luck of the draw on the hotel and probably paying a pretty penny. I’m sure there are BGG threads out there with strategies on getting them, but I just don’t bother so I can be of no help there. It may be worth reaching out to the folks at Gen Con to see if they have any sort of priority line for people with disabilities, though.

Yeah, then I think you are stuck with luck of the draw on the hotel and probably paying a pretty penny. I'm sure there are BGG threads out there with strategies on getting them, but I just don't bother so I can be of no help there. It may be worth reaching out to the folks at Gen Con to see if they have any sort of priority line for people with disabilities, though.

I think they have an ADA room block but I don’t really feel that I need it; not like many others do. It’s a more of a want in my circumstance.

Might be worth seeing if that block usually fills up. If it doesn’t, why not use the resource? I’m sure they would be honest with you if you called and asked.

We may call today as we queue up for the housing block to see. I have Young Onset Parkinson’s Disease and it was very difficult for me last year to not have somewhere to rest during the day.

Yeah, last year our group landed 3 rooms in Skywalk hotels. This year? Two rooms at the airport. Yikes.