Home Videos Games Podcastle

A Game of Thrones: Play By Forum Game 01 - Foes and False Friends

Orders 40 squids

oh, forgot to post here…
card sent!

The Siege of Moat Cailin

Attacker: Greyjoy Attack: 8 (Knight, Knight, Siege Engine) Order: +1 Support: 0 Card: 0 - Aeron Damphair Total: 9

Defender: Stark
Defense: 4 (Knight, Knight)
Order: -
Support: 2 (ship, ship)
Card: 1 - Roderick
Total: 7

Greyjoy is Victorious

Stark must choose where to retreat to; Greyjoy may pay 1 2 Power Tokens to change his played house card (but I doubt he will do this)

Stark may retreat to:

• The Twins
  • The Fingers
  • Widow's Watch
  • Castle Black
  • Winterfell (but must loose 1 Knight)
  • White Harbour (but must loose 1 Knight)

Stark goes down one place on the victory track, while Greyjoy stays in place as he did not leave a power token when Seagard was vacated. (There was some confusion here, I want to be clear, you must declare your intention to leave a power token when your units move, so if you’re marching to battle this must happen first)

Semi-Updated map: http://tinyurl.com/Q5E2EmYum1nnWmwWNwtK (Stark’s retreat still required)

Actually, dear maester, you are mistaken. I will pay the two (I actually have to pay two power tokes according to the card?) powertokens. The beard comes off and everybody sees It was Asha Greyjoy all along!!!. I mean, she even has the same stance as the priest on the card. People, you really should pay more attention. Boobs and all…

And since I was not supported during the fight, Asha gains two sword icons…

Roderick has 2 fortification icons, so I’m still good, right?

Actually, dear maester, you are mistaken. I will pay the two (I actually have to pay two power tokes according to the card?) powertokens. The beard comes off and everybody sees It was Asha Greyjoy all along!!!. I mean, she even has the same stance as the priest on the card. People, you really should pay more attention. Boobs and all…

And since I was not supported during the fight, Asha gains two sword icons…

Opps, you’re right it is two. Just the only benefit I could see is potentially cycling your hand faster so I didn’t check the actual card text.

You are indeed. Greyjoy has no means to inflict casualties on you this fight.

So… @Sorcy as you posted in the thread and in bold your card change stands, if you wish to take it back you must plead with your fellow lords to allow it.

AAAAAH! GOD DAMMIT!!!
I should start reading the other housecards too…

So... @Sorcy as you posted in the thread and in bold your card change stands, if you wish to take it back you must plead with your fellow lords to allow it.

Nah, stupidity needs to be punished.

How else are we supposed to learn, except by pain?

haha… for the record, I’m totally OK if you want to take that move back. it’s the kind of slip that would never happen in a tabletop game, or take 2 seconds to notice and “nevermind” it. So I don’t mind. I want to beat the Greyjoys at their best*!

*probably not going to beat the greyjoys at all anyway, so ¯\(ツ)

Dear Stark,

There seems to have been a mixup in squid-based communications. Best of luck on your back-foot. Thank me later.

Yours,
Conrad

And it would have worked, too, if it wasn’t for you meddling kids!!!

So, Stark still needs to tell us where his cowardly troops are running, right? Then it continues with Lannis’ first march order.

Oh sorry! I was waiting to see if you’d like to undo your card shift and put the beard back on Asha’s face. But it doesn’t really matter if you do or not, so I should have just gone with it!

okay - RETREAT REATREAT OH MY GOD THE HUMANITY to The Twins.

updated map - http://tinyurl.com/u6hdBRCavNV3VmUP3cPs

Lannister, take it home!

m0: 1 Footman from Stony Sept to Lannisport.

Stark, you’re up.

[OOC: could someone please provide an updated map when possible? I’m unable to do so at the moment. Thanks.]

New map - http://tinyurl.com/DRYHNqVxWO3XforEAloM (with Greyjoy’s power tokens updated and Asha removed)

@hamporkbacon‌ are you still unable to load the map and need regular images?

m-1 from White Harbor to The Fingers

Martell, you’re next!

Updated map: http://tinyurl.com/s6wmZM7dFSKU5ZAQEbYH

Our warriors, led by the beautiful Asha, forced the scoundrel starks into the fingers. Ach, what a woman, wielding two sword at once, slaughtering left and right. I will have to bed her. Now that starks forces are split with a wedge down their middle if should be an easy thing for either Lannister or Baratheon to do the coup de grace (I’m told that’s high valerian for “tankard full of grass”, the drowned god knows what’s that supposed to mean) and slice and dice them into neat little piles. Hopefully those two aren’t to sissy to do anything about it…

;

A successful feint in the waters has given me the freedom I need on land? Or is that just a late bit of spin from the local Maester? Time will tell. Any decisions will be delayed until I can figure out what Baratheon’s dispositions in Crackclaw are looking like. That siege engine is supposedly heading for the Eyrie, but if so, why is it’s attack being strengthened there?

I know what I’d do? The Eyrie can be plucked at any time, but Harrenhall has never looked riper. And for all my talk of Lannisters starting on the back foot, they appear to have got into a ludicrously strong stance by now. But of course, we know Baratheon is tiring of my sabre ratlling to the south, no matter how little the sabre is being drawn.

Hmmm.

Background marshalling.

M-1 Sunspear - Footman to The Boneway - Footman to Storm’s End

http://tinyurl.com/hBcWfrsVhA93XIccyvEZ

;

Internal monologue
Snakes are going for it, then. Not great. Got to think this through.
Plenty of opportunity for hilarious dickery, but all will cost me a black eye at the very least.
Could slap the Lannister right in his stupid, rich face. (and then get slapped right off the mainland by every neighbour at once.)
Maybe totally losing the Kingswood is worth DESTROYING House Stark’s cavalry, and turning the squids into a truly terrifying superpower.
Could even play it off as punishment for Stark’s mild betrayal.
Possibly not optimal, but certainly hilarious.

Perhaps it is time for plan PICKLE SURPRISE
Probably not.

Redwyne Straights: two ships to West Summer Seas.

http://tinyurl.com/klkKEl0kom9oEWov99gT